Wolf Rally ABQ April 13

smarba

All:

Defenders of Wildlife is at it again. Might be worth showing up to show that they aren't the only squeaky wheel.
Carl

-------------------------------------

Dear New Mexico Wildlife Supporter (Defenders of Wildlife)

This Friday is Friday the 13th. But with your help, this could be a lucky day for Mexican gray wolves.

Mexican gray wolves were reintroduced to the Southwest almost 14 years ago, but their population still remains at around 58 ? making the lobo the most endangered wolf in the world.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has not released any new wolves to the wild since 2008. In order for Mexican gray wolves to fully recover in the southwest, more wolves have to be released. Join us Friday in Albuquerque and urge the Fish and Wildlife Service to end the freeze on wolf releases.

What: Mexican Gray Wolf Rally
When: Friday, April 13th 11:30 a.m. ? 1:30 p.m.
Where: USFWS Regional Office
500 Gold Avenue Southwest
Albuquerque, NM

There are many wolves waiting in captivity, included some that are eligible for immediate release in New Mexico, and even some that have been specially treated to avoid cattle. The USFWS has promised for two years to release more wolves into the wild, but the wolves are still waiting. Will you help us make sure that this year is the year that more wolves are released?

Releasing wolves is critical to quickly boosting numbers and gene diversity in the wild population, and numbers and genetics are critical to survival of the lobo.
Without more releases of wolves and soon, the wild population of only 58 wolves is at risk from threats such as disease, inbreeding or catastrophic events like the Wallow Fire, which burned through Mexican wolf habitat last year.

Help us protect wolves in New Mexico. Attend this important rally Friday.

All attendees are encouraged to bring make their own signs for the event to show support for wolves.

That whole thing is Bull $$it!!

When they claim there are only 58 mexican grey wolves in the wild it's an absolute LIE!!

That number is ONLY counting the wolves they have released and their offspring that they can prove have survived for 1 year.

How many "Born wild" wolves are there in NM & AZ???

How many are in Old Mexico????

Endangered my A$$!

I wish I could go to this today. I'd make a big sign that says, "The Grey wolf is NOT endangered! There are thousands of them in NM, AZ, & Mexico combined"

That's why I posted: I'm hoping some can show up with signage indicating that not everybody in NM is a wolf-hugger.

The other side of the sign would have said... "Mexican grey Wolves - Taste like chicken, just don't try the one that ate the neighbors labrador, they taste like chunky milk smells"

So did anyone in the big city go and stand up for us?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom