Wolf tag punched!

ihuntelk

My good friend and filming buddy, Carson, was able to take this awesome Idaho wolf a week or so ago. I'll post more pics/story/video as we release them................

Carson and his father, Sid, were stalking a 6pt bull they had glassed 3 hours earlier. It had fed into a patch of conifers in the middle of a burn and they couldn't find it. They maneuvered up the ridge to glass better into the patch and this wolf came out heading the other way. Carson made a great shot just before it disappeared behind a ridge for good.

2616wolf2012.jpg

Joy-ride!
4446wolf2012-2.jpg

Here's our FB page with a little more info......
https://www.facebook.com/HuntForeverWest
Pass it on to the real conservationsists out there and give us some support from the crazy enviros!

Thanks!
-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-12 AT 01:47PM (MST)[p]Jarhead-
it is a 5 year old female. Weighed just under 100 pounds. I've had a reliable source look at all the weights recorded (Idaho, Montana and Wyo) since the western states started shooting wolves - 134 pounds is the largest RECORDED. Might be a few bigger but not by much. All these crazy internet pics of 200 pounders are pure BS.

Carson should have set up his pics a little better, but at 5, it's still a mature wolf.

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Awesome, I agree with you 100% on the wolf weights!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

Awesome! I would take that over most 6 points! They should give out free bull tags to anyone who kills a wolf.

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-12
>AT 01:47?PM (MST)

>
>Jarhead-
>it is a 5 year old
>female. Weighed just under 100
>pounds. I've had a reliable
>source look at all the
>weights recorded (Idaho, Montana and
>Wyo) since the western states
>started shooting wolves - 134
>pounds is the largest RECORDED.
>Might be a few bigger
>but not by much. All
>these crazy internet pics of
>200 pounders are pure BS.
>
>
>Carson should have set up his
>pics a little better, but
>at 5, it's still a
>mature wolf.
>
>-Cade
>www.HuntForeverWest.com

Very cool thanks for the response. Not saying I wouldn't of shot it by no means. I think it prob is just the angle of the pic. I bet if he was holding it up like most people do it would appear a lot bigger. Congrats again.

Thanks for killing another of these and protecting our resources... and a female at that! Well done.

I love wolves... when they are dead.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom