WOLF- the untold story

sage_mule

I'm not here to upset anyone but thought some of you might find this site worth visiting.

After spotting a wolf while scouting for elk in September, I did a little internet website browsing and ran across this site that gives weekly updates on wolf activity, i.e., trapping, collaring, sightings and wolf-caused domestic animal deaths in several states in the Northwest.

I've read them all, but the reports for August are fairly interesting. These particular wolf problems are very, very seldom heard in the media. The only two reports I have heard on the news is the sheep slaughter north of McCall, ID and the reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who killed a wolf near Pilots Peak north of Boise last month.

http://mountain-prairie.fws.gov/wolf/

LAST EDITED ON Nov-03-03 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]I know the disease!
This is the cure!
harryfitzpatrick52803-8.jpg

harryfitzpatrick52803-4.jpg

And we wonder why the federal government is always in red ink. What a waste of money!!! For what? to please the sierra club! Remember triple S.

JB

Good Site!

Here's my conspiracy theory; Reintroduce wolves. Wolves are a protected species. In order to protect the species they must protect the habitat (see Spotted Owls). Habitat becomes sanctuary; no people allowed. Elk and deer become habitat for endangered species; no hunting.

Far fetched?

That is a cool picture! I think there are a lot more wolves than what they are saying there are. Also think they are doing a ton of damage that nobody ever hears about. The feds are killing wolves right and left and still aren't getting anywhere. Eventually, they'll be taken off the endangered species list and we'll be able to hunt the mutts too (I hope).

All I can say is when you see a wolf, blap, blap 2 caps in the hat! They have no place in my twisted little world.
Eric
hat_3.gif
aktion060.gif

Bird-01.gif

According to the annual reports on the site their aren't any wolves where I hunt. Crazy cause i coulda swore I had them howling almost every night this summer/fall, saw there tracks everywhere, and kept finding their kills. Unbelievable.

OK here in montana people don't like to talk about the wolf problem in certain circles. I went to a meeting for the friends of the rocky mt elk herd last year and then a senatorial cadidate came to speak, the particulars are very interesting,they estimate there are now over 700 wolves, we have seen video of wolves on the side of the highway eating on dead elk, one guy who lives in gardiner across from decard flats saw 1 cow elk killed everyday for 10 days!i also find it funny to drive through the check staions in the greater yellowstone area and the first question out of the wardens mouth is have you seen any moose around. Go back 5 years and look at the number tags they gave out for moose in the gallatin and how many they give out today. You moght also sheck on the bighorn sheep at corwin springs during the mating season??? were have they gone! My opinion shoot, shovel and shut up

While I was scouting for elk in late September I was bugling to four bulls that were scattered along various ridges below me one morning. At one point, I heard what sounded like a huge dog fight from one of the locations where a bull was bugling from. Never heard from that one again. The other three were vocal for a hour or so longer.

If you go to that website, scroll down to the Control section about halfway down the page. You can get a good idea of what these ranchers are dealing with.

A lady shot a wolf in the Madison Valley (Mt.) a year or two ago and got off Scott Free! She said she thought it was a coyote! Alot of people were asking to donate money for the payment of fines,etc... She actually made money on it!!!!! That's what I'm going to do next time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom