Wolfley horses question??

rugarm77

This year my plan is to put in for Region H as a second choice ( I doubt I will draw my #1 choice ). Anyhow what I would like to do is rent some horses from Wolfley, has anyone done this and how was the experiance in dealing with them?? I am familiar with region G but with H I can put in for special and draw a tag. Does anyone have any suggestions on were to start scouting?? I looked on the maps and it looks like area 151 may have some nice areas to pack into judging from the terain. I have never scouted around there so what I am asking for is some of the family advice from you MMers. Thank's Jason.

PM Founder he use those horses alot. There are great area's all over Unit H I don't know if you can pick a bad one just get back in as far as you can, be ready for some steep hills and a ton of switchbacks. find you a place close to water and some grass(early season) late season you might have to pack in some grubb for the horses.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Have used them in the past. Would not recommend them. I do know Founder uses them and Im sure gets grest service. Try Chad at Yellowstone Horse rentals 307.654.1819. They have much better stock than Wolfey and there great people to boot.
Bill

Ask Founder. He used them if I remember right when he went to Wyoming this year. I think one got loose from him and he found out they have very accurate horses? Kicked him square in the coconut? I think that impaired his judgement that week?;-)

Not sure, you need to ask or go read I Got a Big Buck?;-)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-09 AT 04:19PM (MST)[p]Jason,

I would definitely recommend Wolfley Horse Rentals. I've used them for 6 years and haven't had any real issues. The horse that kicked me last year was someone elses horse, not a rental. Anyway, I have had horses that were slow walkers, some that had too much energy for me, and some that were perfect. They're horses, that's just the way they come.

Here's a photo of the big buck that Wan's horses packed out for me last year. I got an earful for shooting this big buck after a couple other guys emptied their guns...missing it.

The Pack In
496bcfb165b1ca85.jpg

The Big Buck!!
496bce1a5d286555.jpg

The Pack Out
496bce315d9805af.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Here's a few more Wolfley Horse Rental photos from last year. I returned later in the hunt with my dad and buddy. They killed a couple nice bucks. The horses did great. No troubles....just the way I like it!!!

The Pack In
496bd28678ac6503.jpg

496bd29678f5ea45.jpg

Packing Dad's Buck Out Of A Hole
496bd2a67948148f.jpg

The Pack Out With A Couple Fine Bucks
496bd2b87a2f36fd.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom