elk05.jpg

elk04.jpg

Deer pictures:

deer01.jpg

deer02.jpg

deer03.jpg

This mans was stocked and killed by wolfs in 2005 in Saskatchewan:

man01.jpg

According to the USGS, the average kill rate per wolf per month = 3.05 elk = 36 per year/wolf

According to the Alaska F&G, wolf hunting had the desired effect, more caribou got a chance to live.
Calf Survival Rates:
2008 (39) calves per 100 cows
2007 (1) calf per 100 cows
2006 (1) calf per 100 cows

May 2007 - Two Catron County Scool children were followed home from the bus stop by (3) wolfs.

December 2007 - Glenwood elementary school, a wolf was seen on the playground after multiple reports of the animal seen in town.

Jan 2008 - Wolf killed within 70 yards of a school bus stop in Idaho.

According to a US fish and Wildlife study:
- Elk are the primary prey for wolves, comprising 92% of kills during the winter.
- Elk decreased significantly from 16,791 in winter of 1995 to 8,335 in winter 2004 as the number of wolfs increased.
- Kill rates by wolves in winter are 22 elk per wolf per year - double the rate predicted in the Endangered Species Act (ESA).
- Since 2000, wolves have caused 45% of known deaths of radio collared female elk in the north range. (Human harvest and winter kill accounted for 30%).
- Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks has reduced the antlerless permits by 51% (2004) and 96% (1995-2005).
- Elk numbers for Yellowstone between 1993 - 1995 Averaged 17,000 and 19,000. After wolves were introduced in 1995 the elk numbers for 2005-2007 were between 6,700 and 6,300.

To me the evidence is clear, wolves are not good. I'll have to admit I would love to go wolf hunting but don't want them in my state. However there are a few already here in Colorado.

Wolves BAD! I feel lucky for the smaller wolves we have around here but still dont want any of them around. I feel so bad for the people losing their dogs to the wolves. Seems like someone every week during bear or cougar season is losing hounds to them bastards. The antis have it our especially bad for us houndsmen and I really believe they knew that reintroduction was going to impact us to get us to stop hunting hounds. Not to mention all the other game lost, especially since wolves are some of the only animals that kill for fun. They are super destructive and have no place here in the modern world. If I see one...well I'll just leave it at that.

Ryan

I can not believe they let this happen losing revenue from elk permits, damaged property , loss of livestock,and potentially threating kids at school. The federal government should have no right to interfere with individual states wildlife conservation get some balls people take matters into our own hands save a herd of elk a couple domestic dogs some deer and maybe a kid at school get out and slaughter some wolves. dont let a bunch of ignorant wolf lovin hippie government officials ruin our elk hunting AMEN BROTHER !

Wolves are a great idea if you hate all other species of game animals. My opinion is its terrible idea to let the hoards of the earth go unchecked and unregulated. Practice the 3 S's when it comes to these vermin.

Wolves are for sure bad. Thats why people huntd them to near extinction. The greenies and animal righs people love them because the "eat" the elk and deer. They can care less about any animals that the wolf makes an endangered species. The better for them because then they can add the elk, mule deer, white tail deer, moose, black bear, coyote, jack rabbit, cotton tail rabbit, and all other critters that the wolf destroys to the endangered species list. Therefore eliminating hunting. If there are no big game animals to hunt then there won't be any hunting, and no real "legitimate" reason for americans to have firearms. It is sad that the majority of people don't realise that these bastards have hidden ajendas. It really pisses me off. If they want wolves so bad then release them in california and back east. See how those city folks like haveing their pets and kids eaten by a savage beast.

You mean that wolves aren't cute and cudely like portrayed in Disney movies?... It's sad that many of the rising generation who've never set foot in the wilderness think they 'know' what should be done with wolves. I think they have their place (hanging on my wall) but to give them free range on our elk, deer, and livestock isn't it. Keep them in zoos and in small managed packs if people want to go 'observe' them.

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff

I love 'em! I want a few mounted in my trophy room and you guys should all have a few (several) in yours too.

It's a sad state of affairs when we work so hard with State agencies and conservation groups so we have a surplus of big game animals to hunt and the tree(butt) huggers have found a way to wipe it all away!

I don't know how we can get all the feathers back into the pillow. I guess we MUST throw in with the conservation groups that are leading the way on the wolf wars. RMEF SFW etc
AND QUIT FIGHTING AMONG OURSELVES!

God save us all (and a few animals to hunt too)

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom