Wolves in Southwest Wyoming.

T

TwoFingers

I have seen a picture of a wolf killed about a half mile from Pilot Butte.

My dad lives in Green River and I asked him if he knew anything about wolves being around. He hasn't heard anything.

Anyone out there seen wolves north of green river and rock springs?

This scares me quite a bit if they are ranging all the way down to the high desert, they are going to be all over Colorado soon.

I saw the pic of the hunter with the wolf with Pilot Butte in the background.There was also a wolf killed north of Rock Springs earlier this year.

Yes we need to keep a defensible boarder between us and them... So get into Wy and kill em. Luckily they are predator status in those area and can be shot on sight. So this year we will see a few killed, but over time we should see fewer. I am more worried about them coming in from UTah now...

I wish I still lived in Craig. I am pretty certain I herd a wolf one day south of Wamsutter.... I would love to be hunting where I could see and kill a wolf...

PS we have had wolves in COlorado now for years. One I saw that was hit on the highway near idaho springs, then saw one by rabbit ears pass, not far from where the video of the one near Walden was...

In 2009, I was hunting deer in 101. Saw one SW of Pine Butte. That is South and East of Rock Springs. Was really surprised to see one that far South. We both looked at each other for a few minutes and then it just wandered off into the sage. I have lived in coyote country for over twenty years. Have seen lots of bears, hundreds of coyote and a few Mountain Lion. I am positive this was not a coyote. Could have been a very large off-white shepard, but it would have been many miles from any house.

Local forest ranger that I went to school with told me last year that they were "pretty sure" there were 5 wolves in the Uinta Mountains but that there were no indications that they had denned up anywhere yet. I also saw the photo of the one that was shot by Pilot Butte near Rock Springs. I have heard reports of some sightings in the Monte Cristo area of Norhern Utah as well.

They are all over the state now to a limited extent, but authorities are trying to keep stuff like that as quiet as possible. We found tracks on the west side of the BigHorns where I hunt 2 years ago and that was a year after they killed 3 by air out of a pack of 8 that had killed a bunch of sheep on the ranch next to where I hunt. I met the Dad of the Government employee who shot them and he said there was a collar on the one they figure was the alpha male and it indicated they came from way up in Montana above Yellowstone Park, which is hundreds of miles from where they were shot.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom