Wolves in Unit 077!!!!!!!!!

silverstatehunter

Just talked to my friend who took a cow elk in unit 077 near Wells, He saw two lone wolves in the course of 3 days. Both were shadowing the elk heard he was hunting. The wolves were bigger then any dog he has ever seen. He said they were easily over 100 pounds.

ahh come on, those were just big coyotes, theres no wolves in Nv. Coyotes that big kill a lotta deer, shoulda wasted em.

I was on a fire in the north Pequops this summer. The second night while trying to fall asleep I herd some howls unlike any yote I have ever herd. I immediately thought that it was a wolf. Also I have herd rumors of sightings in area 6.

There are NO wolves in NV....those coyotes should of been shot...repeat..there are NO wolves in NV..shoot ALL coyotes you see!!

We saw a male wolf up in unit 72 last yeay in early nov. fish and game told us we dont have wolfs in Nevada, it was a big yolt!

You never know about Elko County. While I lived there, some cowboy shot a BEAR on some ranch in Tuscarora in the Independence Range (first bear kill reported in more than 40 years!)Also, I have a newspaper photo taken from helicopter in Coyote Creek drainage (also in the Independence Mtns.-about 40 miles northeast of Carlin), and also later saw a recovered rack of antlers from a BULL MOOSE. There never were reports to my knowledge of many elk in area 6- my brother saw a big six point and four cows in Coyote Creek several years ago. I have video of an elk herd of between 50 and 70 elk in one bunch up along Merritt Creek. Not much elk, damned few moose and bears, let's wait 'n' see on wolves. I also believe there were probably documented wolf kills in the mid-1900's (Hall's Mammals of Nevada publication)...NOT Coyotes.

Wolves in NE Neavada could be very likely. I know of two different people that claim they have seen wolves in the last couple of years in NE Nevada. Both guys were hunting and they are stand up guys!

By the way if anyone wants to hunt "Big Coyotes" look in the North Pequops unit 077 near the communication tower just north of I-80 freeway.

Two years ago, a state traper killed two wolves out of a helicopter in that area. The story I got was that they are migrating down from Idaho.

brow, welcome to MM. I never heard about the two wolves that were killed out of the helicopter. Just goes to show how the Fish and Game likes to keep things quiet. fatrooster.

Fish and Game will tell every one that there are no wolves in Nevada. That is until one is killed by someone who is not with fish and game and that person will be arrested for killing a wolf. I know several people who have seen wolves in unit 7 more than once in the last few years.

It will be a matter of time before they work their way down to the populated areas

I saw one in 062 two years ago.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

there are wolves all across the southern units of idaho there is no doubt there are some in nevada now

Yeah we saw one in Area 6 like as your going to winnemucca from Midas on the left saide by the ranches? He was right on the other side of the rances.. Then a couple days later a Game warden in Battle Mountain Went up to the Apple Orchards and saw one up their too..

Im not calling anybody out but it seems to me that with so many people seeing wolves in northern NV wouldn't one of you guys have a picture. It seems that just about everybody these days has a camera when they're in the hills, proof is in all the forums and galleries on this site, so why no pictures of all these wolves?

Its lonely at the top.... just the way I like it.

Well if you think they are just BIG coyotes.. Why are they Pitch black from nose to tail?

One could think that the Fish and Game's denial of wolves would be unsaid permission to mistake these big dogs for what they could be...large coyotes. No matter what the color.

SSS...comprende'?

why be afraid to shoot one. wolves are not a protected species in Nevada.
My brother saw a wolf about 4 years ago north of Boulder Valley northeast of Battle Mountain.

A wolf is a FEDERAL protected animal, not State protected. I don't have any problems with anybody shooting them but for your owne sake don't blab it out to the world. SSS, Shoot, Shovel and Shutup! fatrooster.

A friend and I Saw what we thought was a Wolf north of Montello a few years back while shed hunting and scouting. We did not get that good of a look at it but it was a very large K9.
I say shoot and ask questions later. If they aren't supposed to be there you shouldn't get in trouble for helping out...

I don't get it. Are some people just that thick in the head? NDOW is telling you there are no wolves. If you see a large coyote that could be decimating your deer and elk herds, you need to be responsible and take appropriate action. If people keep insisting on reporting wolf sightings, inspite of the assessment by professionals that consistently deny their existance, some group from NY or CA or VT that has no interest in NV and will never set foot in your state will start dictating what, when and where you can hunt. Look what happened to the Yellowstone elk herd. I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, but even I can understand what your big game professionals are telling you. There are no wolves in NV and anyone that reports a sighting must surely be mistaken. Practice safe predator control, quietly. Anybody not understand?

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom