Wolves killed 4 more this week…

elks96

Long Time Member
Look like wolves have killed 4 more cattle. CPW is investigating and preparing to release a statement.

3 were killed Monday/Tuesday and one last night. All are said to be yearlings.

Wolves only kill for food… Haha…

This is why the definition of chronic depredation was so important..

Were all of the wolves released fitted with tracking devices? looks like it would be very easy to tell if they killed something at a certain location at a certain time.
Lettuce recall the position of the primary woof advocacy group (CPW) at the last incident:

CPW will not be providing any further specific location or specific animal information related to this incident. The CORA exception covering species locations (24-72-204(2)(a)(X)) allows CPW to withhold information that "reveals the specific location or could be used to determine the specific location of . . . an individual animal or group of animals." Identifying the wolf or wolves potentially involved could allow someone to determine the specific location of those animals.”

There goes my chance at drawing anything this year.

Please tell me that you frontrangers that voted for Polis and his buddies are starting to see the light now?

Everyone else seen this coming and these wolves do need to be removed immediately. At least a couple of them do have on collars.

What are they waiting for - do we need to try and rehabilatate the wolves not to kill rural beef and working dogs - WTF

How many more kills does it take to implement a change?

Good Lord- Please help us through this mess!!

Last edited:
The simple answer to resolve the immediate problem with these 4 wolves is obvious?

What can they possibly be be considering as an alternative and why are they waiting?

Does Oregon want these wolves back?
Are we trying to find or fund a wolf rehabilitation camp?
Are we assembling our or attorneys to sue the ranchers for baiting the wolves?

You need to ask your politicians what they would like to do to remedy this problem.

This is flat out wrong what is occurring!!!

Last edited:
“The CPW spokesperson added that the agency provides reimbursement for damages to livestock caused by gray wolves, and livestock producers who submit a claim could be eligible for fair market value compensation.”

Alls good in the world if they offer this…. 🙄

No, we don't want them back. but if you kill those we'll send you replacements. they'll like beef too.

We have one male running around here that has 16 confirmed kills on cattle. if he crosses the HI way he has a shoot to kill order , but on this side he's federally protected.

Dumb slow cattle are easier to kill than game animals. you're going to see a lot more of it.

Please tell me that you frontrangers that voted for Polis and his buddies are starting to see the light now?

Everyone else seen this coming and these wolves do need to be removed immediately. At least a couple of them do have on collars.

What are they waiting for - do we need to try and rehabilatate the wolves not to kill rural beef and working dogs - WTF

Toothpaste is outa the tube bud. There’s no putting it back. They’ll be dug in like ticks in no time. Just cross your fingers that you may be able to buy a Colorado wolf tag one day. It’s all you can do

Toothpaste is outa the tube bud. There’s no putting it back. They’ll be dug in like ticks in no time. Just cross your fingers that you may be able to buy a Colorado wolf tag one day. It’s all you can do
Maybe in 15-20 years when they eat themselves out of house and home and start eating the front range pets haha

Front Ranger here, and you can bet your Ass/Buro I didn't vote for this crap, and told all my friends the same. You vote for this, or democratic, sorry, we're not friends.

It's kind of like guys who smoke weed. When I smell it, I instantly think off all these zombies walking around the state strung out on god knows what. Legalization of weed in this state is worse than the wolves from my point of view! Colorado is a mess, top to bottom.

Last edited:
Part of the four wolves moved west of Walden. The black one was Close to Highway 14 this morning. Lots and lots of beef calves in this area right now. Expect More carnage shortly.

Only in the USA can we waste so much money. Hey, there is no problem, lets make one to the tune of millions. Meanwhile, our highways are sh11t, the train in the airport is down more than up, zombies walking all over the state, Denver swamped with illegals, you can't make this Shi1t up.

Right on que :ROFLMAO:

IMG_3308.png

Cattle aside, the majority of the big horn sheep from the zirkels are still wintering less than 4 miles from where the wolf was sighted and photographed this am by my buddy.

Front Ranger here, and you can bet your Ass/Buro I didn't vote for this crap, and told all my friends the same. You vote for this, or democratic, sorry, we're not friends.

It's kind of like guys who smoke weed. When I smell it, I instantly think off all these zombies walking around the state strung out on god knows what. Legalization of weed in this state is worse than the wolves from my point of view! Colorado is a mess, top to bottom.

It’s unreal the change in the last 25 years. Weed ruined Colorado.

It’s unreal the change in the last 25 years. Weed ruined Colorado.
Legalizing weed was definitely the beginning of the end for this state. The liberal idiots got their foot in the door by pawning weed off as being medicinal. Anyone with half a brain could see that it was all a bunch of bs so they could eventually legalize it for anyone that wants to become dumber than a fence post.
And before you know it we have wolves, magazine restrictions, and they apparently want our scary black guns so bad they can’t stand it. 🙄

Sorry but this is what Colorado has to look forward to.

1. SPORTS
  2. OUTDOORS

Wolves kill, devour elk on Montana school’s football field​

April 19, 2024 Updated Fri., April 19, 2024 at 4:52 p.m.
By Brett FrenchBillings Gazette
A Yellowstone National Park ranger oversees the removal of a cow elk that was killed by a pack of wolves on the Gardiner football field.  (Courtesy of Jim Baldwin)
A Yellowstone National Park ranger oversees the removal of a cow elk that was killed by a pack of wolves on the Gardiner football field. (Courtesy of Jim Baldwin)
BILLINGS – A wolf-killed cow elk carcass was hauled off a Montana school’s football field on April 12, just one of the unusual incidents that comes with having Yellowstone National Park as a neighbor.
Gardiner Public Schools superintendent/principal Jim Baldwin posted a photo on Facebook of a park ranger standing over the picked-over elk carcass as it was being loaded onto a truck. Removal kept other scavengers from gathering.
The 8-Mile pack was credited with the nighttime kill, leaving the site just before dawn. It is the largest pack in the park, featuring six adults and 15 yearlings.
Having wolves so close to humans comes with concerns. If the wolves don’t show fear of humans, they may be hazed by park staff shooting rubber bullets or cracker shells. This pack, however, “exhibited natural wary and wild wolf behavior by traveling quickly away from the carcass, which was mostly consumed, and returned to the park,” according to a park spokesperson.
“It is common for wildlife to move through and adjacent to the Gardiner community given its location at the doorstep of a national park,” said Linda Veress, a Yellowstone public affairs officer. “It’s common for elk, bison and pronghorn to be at the school grounds, less so bears and wolves. It is very rare that we document wolves within the town’s developed footprint over the last 28 years. Very seldom, if ever, does park staff need to deal with bears and bison on school grounds.”
The school serves about 60 students from kindergarten through high school with a staff of about 20. Gardiner, population around 700, sits on Yellowstone’s northern border and is split by the Yellowstone River. The North Entrance provides access to the park’s headquarters at nearby Mammoth Hot Springs, Wyoming.

The simple answer to resolve the immediate problem with these 4 wolves is obvious?

What can they possibly be be considering as an alternative and why are they waiting?

Does Oregon want these wolves back?
Are we trying to find or fund a wolf rehabilitation camp?
Are we assembling our or attorneys to sue the ranchers for baiting the wolves?

You need to ask your politicians what they would like to do to remedy this problem.

This is flat out wrong what is occurring!!!
They can transport the wolves to Isle Royale where they need them, no hunting allowed there. Moose population overgrown. Just an idea.

They can transport the wolves to Isle Royale where they need them, no hunting allowed there. Moose population overgrown. Just an idea.
They've already tried that experiment in the past. But I'd be all for it since they don't allow hunting on Isle Royale and in the end the wolves die.

Crazy thing about Isle Royale is that the moose population was way down (like the rest of MN/WI until the wolves inbred themselves out of existence. After the wolves were gone the moose population exploded yet the study performed by our politically corrupt DNR in MN said the moose decline in Northern MN was due to global warming, brain worm and too many deer (all of these are laughable but the last one is just enough to make me gag!). Bottom line is this, moose do very well in the absence of wolves but they just keep pissing on our backs and telling us it's raining.

Crazy thing about Isle Royale is that the moose population was way down (like the rest of MN/WI until the wolves inbred themselves out of existence. After the wolves were gone the moose population exploded yet the study performed by our politically corrupt DNR in MN said the moose decline in Northern MN was due to global warming, brain worm and too many deer (all of these are laughable but the last one is just enough to make me gag!). Bottom line is this, moose do very well in the absence of wolves but they just keep pissing on our backs and telling us it's raining.
yes it is not a large island so the inbreeding is expected over time. That's why I don't know why they just don't move them there where there is no hunting anyway. I think politics and dumbness are to blame for MN more than nature.

I highly doubt there are any polis :poop: voters on this site. and if there are they don't have the balls to comment

I don't partake. Your weed phobia is showing. Ignorance is bliss. So keep bashing here and posting great stuff over there. Hilarious. mtmuley
Not into the ole puff, but I can tell you 100% fact: Colorado legalizing the old devils lettuce first, has been nothing but a giant net negative to the state. Wish it was legalized federally, would have kept a few dirt bags outta here

Not into the ole puff, but I can tell you 100% fact: Colorado legalizing the old devils lettuce first, has been nothing but a giant net negative to the state. Wish it was legalized federally, would have kept a few dirt bags outta here
Can't speak to Colorado's situation, but here in Montana I haven't noticed a change after legalization. We had dirtbags coming here regardless. mtmuley

This is just the start/ beginning. Once they get the taste for beef the wolves will never stop killing. Depredation costs to ranchers is gonna put a hurt on CPW.

CPW is loosing it's trust and support from Colorado Residents. Wolves, taking OTC hunting away, they will find out over time, that they need us more than we need them.

I hope you’re right. I’ve never lived here when it wasn’t run by liberal idiots. It would be nice to see what the other idiots can do.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom