"Wolves" Letter in ABQ Journal

maxxbob1

There is a letter to the editor in today's Albuquerque Journal titled "Wolf Recovery Plan Needs More Help". It is one of the stupidest letters I've ever seen published. (I don't know how to post a copy of the letter on here or I would.) The writer is probably serious (a serious moron), but maybe it is a joke. If you got today's paper you might take a look on page B3. The guy is "dismayed that that no news of arrests accompanied the article" about two alpha wolves that were killed "near Las Cruces". It is four paragraphs, but here is how he ends: "As I work in Albuquerque on San Mateo (Blvd), I feel that much closer to the San Mateo pack that lost one of the alphas. I cannot stand by quietly."

two alpha males were killed near las cruces?

not many things in this welfare state are done right but i can honestly say that I'm proud to be a nm spotsman right now. the thought of that daring wolf poacher out there brings tears of joy to my eyes.

whoever you are realize all of us nm sportsmen are proud of you and support u in ur poaching endeavors. god bless u mr wolf poacher! NM loves u!

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

I knew NM had it share of crazy people too, Just haven't met any so far.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Here ya go....

Wolf Recovery Plan Needs More Help

I RECENTLY read that two alpha wolves were killed near Las Cruces. I am dismayed that no news of arrests accompanied the article. It is very discouraging that greater measures were not taken to protect these magnificent animals, who are not only a crucial part of a healthy natural New Mexico, but a symbol of University of New Mexico and the state as a whole.

I hope my fellow citizens and conservationists will join me in encouraging senators Tom Udall and Jeff Bingaman, as well as our representatives Martin Heinrich, Ben Ray Lujan and Harry Teague in further supporting U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service?s recovery and reintroduction plan for wolves.

The biggest changes I feel are necessary are the allocations of more resources to identify the offender and stricter enforcement of penalties for the offense. If one of our state icons was a small child, every state agency would not rest. And the Mexican grey wolf is like a child of the state.

Wolf conservation is an issue that has been very influential throughout my life ever since childhood when I first saw a wolf up close. The noble quiet power they exude changed my outlook on how to live my life.

As I work in Albuquerque on San Mateo, I feel that much closer to the San Mateo pack that lost one of the alphas. I cannot stand by quietly.

MATT VIEIRA Albuquerque

...and I live on Big Bull Trail and feel so close to the elk herds of New Mexico that I must SSS. What a moron this guy is!

I was just out shed hunting last week around beaverhead and was followed for nearly a mile by 5 wolves. not the first time i have ran into a bunch of wolves in the area. needless to say the area i search for sheds always holds a bunch of elk and there wasn't a one around, no fresh sign, nothing. Man i sure love those wolves!!!

Eradicating wolves is something that has been in the back of my mind ever since I first saw one in the wild about 28 years ago (in a wilderness area where State Game Officials denied they existed). It made my heart ache for the well being of the resident deer herd. Plus, one of my school's mascot is a cougar, which makes me feel really close to this animal that exudes such "noble quiet power" (even though I'd shoot one in a second if it ever crosses my path and I have a valid tag in my pocket). It distresses me to think that the "noble quiet power" exuding cougars have to compete with flee-bitten lobos for the few remaining deer and elk... :'(

>If one of our state
>icons was a small child,
>every state agency would not
>rest. And the Mexican grey
>wolf is like a child
>of the state.

Wild life, are not humans!! Mr.Disney has it all wrong!!

> Wolf conservation is an issue
>that has been very influential
>throughout my life ever since
>childhood when I first saw
>a wolf up close. The
>noble quiet power they exude
>changed my outlook on how
>to live my life.

Power is correct, had a neighbor that kept a half breed pack for sled dogging. After a succesfull hunt I used to take him the trimmed out skeleton. Those guys would eat it all!! They could chew an elk carcas gone in 10-15 minuites. Not even a bone chip was left!!
>
> As I work in Albuquerque
>on San Mateo,
?how could anyone from an asphalt jungle truly understand???

Eradicating any life form (limiting biodiversity) is sad business!! But, wolves were eradicated for a reason!!

I have not kept up in the Wolf thing since I left NM. But I can say that the wolves in Wyoming have more than worn out there welcome and a matter of fact have been killing of ALOT of elk and moose. What once was a great population of game is almost gone! Literally. It is proven this is not me making things up. I hope you all read the letter between the president of the Elk Foundation and the Wolf protectors. They are good. If you have not read them please do. I think it might be on the elk website. ahhh just writing this has be boiling. There are some ignorant people out there!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom