Women and Hunting

A

AWLBchic

Hey guys,

I need some help. A couple of the boys at my school are telling me that girls can't hunt. I know its not true and I have tried proving it, but every time I try to prove it, they come up with a better reason why girls shouldn't hunt. Please, help me explain to all of my guy friends that GIRLS CAN HUNT!

And another thing...all my "girlfriends" say that hunting is bad. They sad it is bad beacause we are 'slaughtering' the animal. I told them that every time they take a bite out of a cheesburger from McDonalds, they take a bite of an animal. They said but we didn't kill it. I told them that some one had to kill that animal for them to eat it.

I thought it was really funny....the look on their faces were pricless.

Always and Forever a Huntin Chick!
Kacie

Ya know what Kacie?

My daughter was one belt away from getting her blackbelt in Karate, she was totally invincible....and the only girl in her class. She won every tournament she did.

She was constantly getting teased and ridiculed by the highscool boys and it embarrassed her so badly that she quit.

Ya know what it was Kacie......it was because those boys were jealous of her and knew dang good and well she could beat them and that she was better.

Don't quit hunting Kacie, just laugh at them and show them that you are just as good if not BETTER than they will EVER be!!

And if that don't work, me and your dad will go rough them up for ya!! ;-)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Kacie, I'll recommend a book that will shut them up....."The Thrill Of the Chase-North America's Women Hunters" by Kathy Etling. You can get a copy through Safari Press or probably Amazon.

That way when they start in about "I told you that girls can't hunt"...you can pull out the good book, flip to your page marker, and say "oh yeah? Listen to this, bet you've never done that!". And I think you would find the book inspirational, as I did.

And I agree with the above. They are just jealous. Become as good as you can be and you'll be successful, and then they will have no room to talk.

I think we would all be interested to hear their reasons for why girls can't hunt.

Pred
In fact, why don't you challenge them to come to MM and present their argument? Bet they won't!

Sounds like you are going thru what my niece did when she was in High School.

I raised her as a daughter even-though she was my niece but that ment she learned alot of woodsmanship, bowhunt and how to handle pack stock on the mountain.

She would hunt with me and was very good at putting the stalk on during my bow hunts.

She was a cheerleader in high school and everyone challenged her about going hunting.

She is now in the max point pool for Sheep and for Elk here in our home state but hasn't decided to actually go hunt since she had her first child.

Stick with it young lady...you are the future of our hunting ...

Robb

Not only all of the above, but it has been my and many others observation that women are better shots than men when they apply themselvs!kinda hurts a guy to admit it but it has been proven that women can control breathing and hold still better than men!

Don't let anybody tell you that you can't or shouldn't. My wife has learned that some experiences she doesn't share with the General Public. They will never get it. That's why there is monster muleys... so that you can share your successes with people who understand your passion and love of hunting.

I think there is a Sneekee shirt that my wife wears that somes it up... "Silly boys, girls can hunt too."

More pictures to be taken...

BeckysBiggestBuckToDate1.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - VIP Optics

This is Cowslayers wife. People will give you a bad time about hunting and you just need to keep it up. We need more girls in the world that are willing to hunt. I think that its great that you like to hunt and are willing to go. Someday your husband will thank you for that. Don't let people tell you, you wont be able to hunt once you have kids. Thats not true just take them with you, they will learn to love the outdoor and love to hunt. Becky

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - VIP Optics

Some good advice here kiddo! Listen up. Just do what you've always been taught and you won't have any problems. Like Chris said, it's always fun to have the bragging rights but some people will never understand the passion of hunting nor the actual need for it. You are blessed with both the passion and the understanding. People will always question your reasoning whether it's in your job or your hobbies. This is the time you establish your values and beliefs. You have a good head on your shoulders and you are doing just fine.

If nothing else works, challenge them to a shoot out. I would be glad to haul the targets out to the desert. I'm almost positive they couldn't hit the gong 10/10 times at 300 yards.:D

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Thank you all so much. Now that I have some good advice, I will definetly put that advice into affect. Even when I show them the pictures of my trophies, they claim that the pictures are photoshoped but thats their oppinion and they will never understand the true passion of hunting.

Kacie, you've seen that a lot of adults who've outgrown their teenaged years think a girl hunting is a really cool thing. Don't ever let the jealousy or peer pressure sway you away from hunting. If I were you, I'd rather have a role model like Predator than the ones most of the boys you know admire. She's not only a woman who hunts, she's also a police officer and HARDCORE hunter. She's mountain goat hunted, done some really tough physical stuff. Girls CAN do it very well, and should.

I'll leave you with this thought. My son is twenty and he loves to hunt and fish. We live out on the west coast, so one thing we do a lot of besides hunt, is offshore fishing. My son is going on a five day offshore fishing trip next month with his girlfriend and her father. He met her on the boat 3 years ago. He thinks it's the coolest thing in the world that his girlfriend is a better fisherman than most men are. And, if you saw her pictures, you wouldn't believe that she's caught tuna over 100 pounds. She's petite, very pretty and very feminine....and tough as heck. She hasn't hunted yet, but is anxious to give it a try, and my son is thrilled about that.

Kacie,

I don't personally know you and probably never will. From the things that I have heard about you hear on MM I can only hope that my little daughter will some day grow up to have the same passion and love for the great outdoors as you do. Your dad has taught you well.

I have been a Hunter Safety Instructor now for nearly 4 years. In each one of my classes that I have taught there has always been 1 or 2 young girls taking the class. I can not tell you the joy that I get when these young women bring their written test and shooting tests to me to grade. I can personally testify to you that these young women are always with in the top 10% of the class. What brings even more joy to me is seeing ?Mr. Machos? face when he finds out that he just got his but kicked by a girl.

Just remember that we all have challenges when it comes to hunting. Rather it is from political pressure, media pressure, or as in your case friend pressure questioning rather hunting is ethical and or right. Stand tall and proud in what you do, above all remember that you have a family that supports and loves what you do.

Good luck

400bull

Very good advice here Kacie. Keep your chin up. In reality what those stupid boys say means very little! What matters is that you enjoy hunting, spending time with your Dad and family. My wife had some resistance to her hunting at first. Some people we just don't talk about it with anymore. Others have accepted it and actually embraced it. My wife has the braggin rights on the biggest pronghorn in our family and after Sept. if I do the guiding right, she will have braggin rights on the biggest elk too! Be yourself and keep smiling! That is all that matters.

Chad

kacie, as a wrestling coach I see the same thing in the wrestling room, BOYS afraid to be beat by a girl, you can see the change in them(sometimes it takes awhile) as they find out that they lost to a better wrestler not just a girl, THEY then start putting in the time to get better so they wouldn't keep losing to her.All that hard work helps both get better, the boys learn that she is a cause for them getting better after a few matches they take great pride in her kicking boys butts from other teams, she becomes a big part of the team not just a girl but a fellow wrestler, You can teach wrestling but you can't teach heart, I'm think you have heart so follow it and you will find out that you will soon be in that group of kids that lead and you willn't not be pack follower. See up in the deer woods.

They just say that stuff because they are 'supposed' to.

Looks like to me you hunt just fine.;-)

HEY chic!!!!

DON'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO THE BOYS THAT HAVE TO BRAGG,BRAGG,BRAGG!!!

VERY SELDOM YOU'LL SEE OR HEAR A GOOD HUNTER BRAGGING 24/7!!!

I BELIEVE YOU'VE GOT THE BEST TEACHER YOU COULD ASK FOR!!!

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO HIM!!!

THERE WILL BE TIMES WHEN YOU'LL THINK HE'S WRONG BUT MORE THAN LIKELY HE'S RIGHT!!!

THERE MAY NOT BE ALOT OF WOMEN THAT HUNT COMPARED TO MEN BUT THE ONES THAT DO HUNT ARE SOME OF THE BEST AROUND!!!

JUST REMEMBER!!!

THE ONES THAT HAVE TO BRAGG ALL THE TIME WILL BE THE LEAST OF ANYBODIES WORRIES!!!

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO AWLB & YOU'LL DO JUST FINE!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

My wife has hunted for a lot of years. She seems to have lost some interest in it since she gave birth to our boys, I'm hoping that her interest will return. Besides she has 16 colorado elk points and counting, that she needs to burn one day.
She usually can out shoot me on paper any day she tries :).
I hope that as my boys get older they can find young ladies that have been raised like AWLBchic, you rock! Keep it up!

I got my wife into hunting and she is now very passionate about her hunting. She may not be as hard core as me but she proudly displays her trophy pics at her office that is mainly women. She always tells me how funny they are when they see a new pic on the wall. Don't ever let peer pressure get to you. Most of those people won't know you after a couple of years. you will be with yourself for the rest of your life. Stay true to what you believe.

Here are some of the wifes trophies.

fish1.jpg

amiantelope4.jpg

ajo05buck.jpg

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

National guard archery staff shooter

I really appreciate your kind words and advice.
Thank you
--:)Kacie

PS--alpinebowman,
Those are some neat pics of your wife
I really like her Antelope

AWLBchic, lots of great advice here for you but most it goes to the point of being better or something along those lines. My advice is if you enjoy getting up early, hiking those steep hills, dealing with the cold/hot weather, etc who cares what those boys say??? There were so many times I witnessed something while hunting that I wished I could have shared with my ex-wife but didn't cause she had no interest. The only moments during those long, hard hunts I thought about home was when I experenced one of those events and she wasn't there to share them with.

As a father, my greatest huntin memories were the youth waterfowl hunts I took my daughter on and my elk hunts with my son. Far more so than any of the animals I personally took.

My girlfriend is going on her first hunts this year, Wyoming antelope and Alberta waterfowl. I'm so excited for her and hope to make those such great experences that she gets hooked.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, if you enjoy it, do it and don't worry what others think or say.

kacie I'm a father of three girls who all love hunting as much as I do. I couldn't imagine a season without them up there with me and can't wait until they can share in all the same expirences with me.

Keep your head up and your shot ture

slcbohntr

LAST EDITED ON Jul-11-08 AT 08:50PM (MST)[p]Kacie
As you know hunting is way more about enjoying and loving the outdoors , appreciating what god has put on this earth for all of us to enjoy.

I know that your family is involved in the outdoors as a living and you are blessed to have parents that understand how important nature is to us all.

Its just something you cant explain to those boys who i would guess are jealous or intimidated by a sportswoman .

Keep hunting and enjoying the outdoors we need more ladies in the hunting world.

i will be hunting with your dad this fall, i look forward to meeting you and your great family.

BULLMANIA

My wife hiked a hard hike up a mountainside and sat through a snow storm to harvest her first mulie last year.... She was 6 months pregnant at the time and dropped her buck at 350 yards. Then she went and killed another 25" deer at 400 yards a few weeks later. I think girls can hunt just fine.

My wife enjoys very much being in the out of doors. She enjoys hunting, fishing, camping, etc. She has taken a very nice buck antelope that she proudly displays on the wall as well as a couple of nice buck deer. We have two boys that absolutely love going with us. Sharing time as a family in the out of doors doing what you love is priceless and will make memories that will last a lifetime. I cant think of anything better to do than that.

My wife hunts and loves to eat/cook wild game. She makes way better goose jerky than I do. Since we have been married (8 years) she has taken at least 4 mule deer bucks, including a 27" 4 point, a 77" buck antelope, and a 44" 9x10 bull moose. She loves to fish and camp.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't marry a gal that DOESN'T like to hunt and fish.

My 2 year old daughter already looks at mommies antelope (mounted and proudly displayed in our living room, along with her moose) and says "mine"....she wants one like mommy.

The comments you hear are jealousy. Let them roll off you like water on a ducks back.

No worries!

Here is my sister's 2006 buck, she can't hit anything holding still but running full speed is another matter :)
488bf7a11c553d7d.jpg

Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

+1 To what has been said already. Here is another pic of a lady hunter. This is my wife with here first animal, a nice parker mountain, utah speed goat. Just keep at it, don't let them get to you.
488d0be110f41134.jpg

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

well here is how our 07 seson played out. this is what my dad got.
soup2.jpg

and this was my monster muley.
cambuck.jpg

and this is my moms buck
mydeer-19.jpg

i think the pics speak for them selves

Just Living The Dream

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom