Wonder what kind of effects this will have on the hunts in these areas

That's right exactly where I hunter my Utah desert ram a few short years ago!

I'm sure that the "monument" status will be a nagative for hunting. There's already a bunch of land in that area which is off-limits to hunting. BUT I also disagree with Gov Herberts Federal land grab. I think that Herbert WILL sell or lease some of the lands to pay for the administration costs to keep some of the land.

It sounds good on paper....until it's your deer hunting area that gets sold for a subdivision!!!!!!!!!!

If I had to come down on one side or the other, I'd side with the OIA.

Zeke

this is extremely bad in many ways. Bunch of pot smoking tree hugging idiots on that list of supporters. They will push for the place to only be accessed by foot only and will want to outlaw all other recreational uses. There is no hunting allowed on National monuments. Heck until just recently you could not even have a gun in one.

They will force out the 4x4 communities, OHV communities, and all other users... They will make it an area where we will have not rights, have no say in the management and ultimately the public will be screwed at any future uses. This is really bad. I sure hope that the idiot at the top does not pull it off. I bet he will. You already lost from Bill Clinton's dumb ass move and now here we are again...

Actually you can hunt in several national monuments. Like the Grand staircase for example. But yeah not good. It is funny, but these outdoor retailers pushing for it are right. Seems as soon as it is a national monument, then all the granolas want to go there. Idiots could have been going and enjoying it all along. but now they feel it is worth going to see because it's a 'monument'. people are stupid.

>Seems
>as soon as it is
>a national monument, then all
>the granolas want to go
>there. Idiots could have been
>going and enjoying it all
>along. but now they feel
>it is worth going to
>see because it's a 'monument'.
>people are stupid.

That's so true! Sad but true!
Zeke

This has more implications than just impacting hunting. Camping in this backcountry can be affected as can motorized recreation use. I know there are many on this board that like to 4x4 or ride OHV in these areas. This "good idea" will potentially shut that down as well. This could further limit access into the SJ/ElkRidge unit by closing existing roads. I'm not talking about illegal ATV trails either. There are some petitions out there to sign if you have any concerns about this as well as why the letter from these companies is full of half truths. Do yourself a favor and read up on it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom