Wooden Rifle Outfitters

D

Deadduck

Any of you had any dealings with Wooden Rifle Outfitters in Wyoming?? I have researched it by calling references and checking out the Wyoming Outfitters Association, they seem to be a quality outfit, but I was wondering if any of you knew anything about them.
Thank you in advance for your help.

I hunted elk in 111 out of Wooden Rifle last season. Got a good 5 point on the 4th day of a 5 day hunt. Saw elk every day. They are a pretty good bunch of people. Family run operation, the outfitter lives on the property. Many of the other hunters in the camp were repeats. The guide I had (Grant) was very good, hard charging and obviously prepared. The camp is definitely not "lodge quality" but I understand that there is better accomodations for more $$. Food was good, location is great...I think they have better deer and antelope areas than elk. We hunted almost exclusively public land. This was the first guided hunt I ever went on, my buddy paid the bill. They are not cheap but aren't the most expensive either. You could do it on your own for elk in this area but deer and and antelope are good bets for Wooden Rifle.

Thank you for the information, it will be my 1st outfitter hunt as well. They are booked up for 2005, so I am thinking of booking for 2006. I am going to sign up for Elk, Deer, and antelope, then see what I draw out. Appearently Elk is a long shot in drawing, but deer and antelope are good odds.
Again, thank you for the information, it is always good to hear from someone who has been there, and experienced it first hand.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom