workout program

JumpinJ

Now that the seasons are over what do you do to stay in shape for next years hunts. I'm not into the Gyms so I'm hitting the stationary bike and will get out and snow shoe on the weekends.

Not a gym guy either. I trail run about 3 times per week to stay in Elk hunting shape...

Cutbow

I don't get out much, but I like to work hard. I use the P90X workout set, but I don't get enough cardio.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the trophies that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

I try to plan a competitive event for each spring/summer and spend the winter/spring training. I can motivate myself better when I know I have an event coming up. Last year I trained for and did an off-road tri, the year before I trained and did tough mudder and speedgoat 50k.
This winter, I'm training for a marathon. I want to also do a 50+ mile adventure race at the end of May....5-6 miles running, 5-7 kayaking, 15-18 mountain bike, 3 miles of orienteering, then another 15 miles of mountain biking, and some rappelling. Gonna have to hit the biking hard after the marathon.

If I don't stay active, I'll get fat and lazy fast, cause I like to eat!!!

I really don't even like running much.............

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

founder,

That adventure race sounds interesting. Can you share any details? I hate running. It bores me to death. I like swimming. I like biking. I like paddling.

http://gravityplay.com/

They do these adventure races in a few places each year. I wanted to do the one in Moab, but it's going to take some time to get my body prepared for that many miles on a mountain bike, and I can't train for that and a marathon. So, my plan is a marathon in late March and then try to do that adventure race in Buena Vista, Colorado. I think the Colorado one would be better than Moab anyway.

Sounds fun huh? Will take a few months of training though to get through it all.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Does anyone know of a race that combines shooting with endurance (running, biking, swimming, paddling?) Is there even a biathlon in Utah?

At home with my elliptical machine, bowflex, and free weights all year long. When the weather lets up, I hike to the desert from my house and climb the hills. Gets harder every year! LOL.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom