World Record Marco Polo

gznokes

Very Active Member
I'd never seen this pic before. Looks like about 2 1/2 Full curls!

27wsv1t.jpg

MT_Grizz.jpg

Magnificent beast!
They are truly the worlds top trophy IMHO.
The physical and financial sacrifice to procure a trophy is staggering.
Thanks for posting.
Zeke

I knew when I opened this thread it was going to have a big wow factor....Agree with Zeke...nothing better looking.....

That looks like that one side is lots longer...deductions on somethig like this is BS...They shoutd have a 10 percent rule. If the different is more that 10 percent...the deduction is the number over the 10 percent......

I don't know dudes, I kinda like the Bighorned argali quite a bit better than these long skinny things...but I guess they do require quite a bit more "financial sacrifice" to go after anyway eh :)

GW,
I think you're onto something. They are certainly something special too!
They all require "sacrifice".
Have you looked at a High Altai hunt lately? WOW! Now there's some sacrifice. It's getting more limited and complicated every year. (I hesitate to use the word "dangerous" but I guess there's a degree of risk on every travelling hunt)

The fact remains IMHO, any wild sheep and sheep hunt is something special and an experience to be cherished. Far too many "money" guys just want another notch in the old gunstock rather than an experience of a lifetime. I've seen it and it cheapens the experience for them. Sad... for them.
Zeke

For sure Z, prices for the Mongol ammons are off the charts...but those 3 are the coolest sheeps in the world to my mind. Got a couple buddies headed over this fall for a big dude and a desert, and I pretty much hate them for it :)

Hell, I can't even scratch up enough "sacrifice" for one of them skinny-horned white nippers they got up there in the north no! ;)

Zeke, we should get a "GW white sheep fund raiser" going on this forum! I can see him floating a super cubs onto a gravel bar and nothing but white teeth showing. It's time our young friend starts his own Ovis collection, eh?
GW, if your friends can afford those Asian sheep, surely they could help out. I know Zeke has 3 extra bucks he was flashing earlier this spring. I'd be glad to contribute my share!

I'll never chase ammons, but I'm stoked about a desert adventure!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom