World record Shiras???

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
Anyone know about this bull? He's a stud bull...longbow too!!!
8270image.jpg

Traditional >>>------->

Great bull but are you sure it is a Shiras? The grass, willows and flat landscape looking through the leaves don't look like anything out west, More like AK to me.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

I Thought My Bow was JUNK!:D

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

I believe that bull was shot along the snake river in southern Idaho. It may be a P&Y world record, I don't know. I'm pretty sure there are bigger shiras moose in B&C. Regardless, that is one heck of a fine moose, a trophy to be very proud of.

It was killed in southeast Idaho and was measured unoffically by the president of pope and young and after drying it should be the World Record.

It is an Idaho moose, I went to school with the guy, I haven't talked with him or heard any official story on it but have heard the same rumors that it will be a new record, I didn't hear if it was just going to be a state record or world record. Heck of a moose for sure, I believe that he made his own bow. I've also seen a couple good whiteys that he has taken in northern Idaho.

That thing is a total stud!
I can't even dream of taking a bull like that when my number finally gets drawn.
Zeke

Taking a monster bull like that with a "True Stick and String" is bout as tough as it gets!
I imagine he had to strip the velvet to get an official score, which is sad. I'm fond of fuzzy horns.
What a trophy.
Congratulations to the hunter!

Yes velvet had to come off. Saddest part is he had the velvet done and it was all set up very nicely. I hope he took some pics before he stripped it. Shame they cant work out something different so the velvet can stay on. Dried that bull should score around 185" but not sure whether it will be P&Y or B&C only. Cant wait to see.

I have had the velvet stripping struggle first hand. I stumbled into a top 20 in the world mountain bull caribou, but I couldn't stand to strip him for the book. He's a great looking trophy though, and that is all that counts to me.
Velvet or not, he's a beautiful bull.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom