Worst Cars Ever Made?

D

DeerKing

Yes I'm bored so here is something to ponder. Over the years there have been some real lemons produced... and some weird looking ones as well. Here are a few that come to mind. Name a few...

Pinto (the fuel tank bomb car), Pacer (phone booth on wheels), Gremlin, Samari (worst excuse for a 4x4), Vega (90 hp!!!) and maybe the worst... Yugo (the rolling shoebox).

The Eagle 4wd cars. Fairly ugly but I guess they filled a niche for a couple years.

Worst vehicle I ever had was a 1983 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 with a deisel engine. The truck was OK but that engine was the worst. It was a gas conversion and it sucked. Constantly had a problem with this trucks engine. Sold it for $100.00 to a junk yard.

How about the Corvair (Ralph Nader special), or that Pontiac Feiro, mid-engine tragedy !!!!

My brother had a Renault 'Le Car' and it was the worst piece of junk ever made. A real cheese eating junker monkey.

BeanMan

they even had a joke about le cars on that 70's show awhile back. how about the subaru brat. with the jump seats with little handles, in the bed. i mean ain't i got a problem with folks ridin' in the back, 'specially the women. (somebody's gotta keep the dogs warm) but for a car co. to promote it?!?! there's been a bunch of em too. just about any car from '73 to '80. underpowered junk. hell, the corvettes couldn't even hardly untrack themselves. how about them plymouth volares? oooooh, 'specially the phony wood sided station wagons.....

Howdy,

Worst I ever had was a 1975 Ford Granada. Traded it off after one year and $6000 lost... down the drain, actually down the oil drain hole.

Coach

I think you at least hit all the ugliest ones so far. But what's with bagging on the Vega? :) My buddy had one and we used to get going about 90 miles an hour, yank the parking break, and crank the wheel. Could do a great "bat turn"! (Do not try this at home kids. We were trained professionals. And drunk) Course that was about all it could do.

My dad owned a '49 Nash. Now there was a POS. He called it the "Nash Can".

My worst vehicle was a '73 Ford pickup. If it could go wrong, it did. Two or three times. I practically put a zipper in it to get the tranny out.

Do you guys ever just look at some of the old cars and wonder how a designer could look at that car on paper and say, Yeah, that's a beauty!!!. Some designs are just ugly!!!! LOL.

I hate to admit but I owned a Brat. Got great gas mileage but not much else. It was crap, don't know how it missed my own survey. From what I hear the reason they put the seats in the back had to do with cheaper import tax so they could classify it a passenger car and not a truck. $100 cheap seats vs. $500 truck tax. They saved a lot of money.

Coach;
You should have kept the front disc brakes on that Granada and sold them to a owner of a classic Mustang.

RELH

NVBighorn: Thats the truth about the Vega. The first disposable car that started the recycleing craze. Aluminum beer can pistons. The car could turn on a dime doing 50 mph. Again, don't try this at home kids or, second thought...stay off of grandpa's cough syrup when you attempt this crazy stunt!!

How about the Gremlin, Pacer, Maverick, any Mustang, Firebird or Camaro made after 1973, Nova, early Baracudas, Duster, AMX, Javelin, Monte Carlo, Trans-Am, etc....
Eric

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-04 AT 08:35PM (MST)[p]Hey, I'm running a 82 Grenada right now as my hunting rig. Threw my buck this year in the backseat with the kids car seats. LOL! It seems to get pretty decent milage and I haven't really had any problems with it for the 5 years I've had it. Hell, for an $800 car, you can't expect much. Sure don't see to many other guys running them in the bush though. LMAO!
I used to have a LADA car. That was a classic bush rig. Threw several deer in the backseat of that thing as well. My bro and I nicknamed her OLGA. She was a classic rally car. Put racing numbers on her and everything. Ran her for the last 2 years of her life on 3 cylinders. When she finally died I gave her to the local fire dept so they could practice the Jaws Of Life on her. Rest in Peace OLGA!
069729.gif

LET'S SEE

ANY PICK-UP WITH A 6.2 CHEVY DIESEL,WHAT A JOKE!!!

YOU COULD ACTUALLY OUT RUN IT ON TWO FEET FOR A 100 YARDS!!!

I THOUGHT GRANADA'S WERE JUNK UNTIL I SEEN A PICTURE OF BCBOY'S HUNTIN RIG,ALSO SEEN ONE KICK SOME A$$ AT A DEMOLITION DERBY,WOULD OF NEVER BELIEVED IT IF I HADN'T OF SEEN IT!!!

HOW ABOUT THE CHEVY LUV???

HOW ABOUT THE GEO'S WITH THE FLOORBOARDS CUT OUT SO YOU CAN ASSIST WITH PEDAL POWER WHEN YOU NOSE THEM UP HILL???

DON'T EVER FORGET THE 307 CHEVY!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING THE LIST COULD GET PRETTY BIG BEFORE THEY GET THEM ALL LISTED!!!

What about those dinky death trap Diahatsu's or Kia's?
Get into an accident with them and your done.
Best,
Jerry

Those Brat seats make real nice person haulers when bolted to a small axle and pulled behind an ATV. My buddy made a real cool one that had floor boards and sat 2 guys side by side. Used it in AZ for deer hunting.

oldoregon

I SENT YOU AN E-MAIL,IT TAKES A WHILE BUT IT'S WORTH WATCHING!!!

THIS TRUCK RUNS MID TO LOW 11'S AT 118 MPH IN THE QUARTER MILE RUN,NOT BAD FOR A 4 DOOR STROKER,WITH 38" TIRES AND 8" OF LIFT,YA THERE 2" TALLER THAN WHAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR S-10 BAD BOY!!!

YOU MIGHT SAY I'M BLOWING SMOKE UP PEOPLES A$$'S,THE ONLY SMOKE WILL BE IN YOUR FACE!!!

NOW,IN THE ABOVE POST I MENTIONED CHEVY LUV'S NOT CHEVY S-10'S,I HOPE YOU DIDN'T TAKE IT OFFENSIVELY???

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNEW A POST LIKE THIS WOULD GET OO'S ATTENTION!!!

nobody'll buy it? my uncle used to by them things by the semi load. he'd get one that was in a head on and one that was rearended. cut em in half and weld the 2 good ends together. i bet he did that to 50 of em. his place was a damn b-210 graveyard. and the edsel was cool.

The big old friggin' Country Squire Station Wagon with the bogus wood paneling on it,what a POS! Also the Firebirds with the big flaming bird mural on the hood. What the hell were people thinking?

>
>oldoregon
>
>I SENT YOU AN E-MAIL,IT TAKES
>A WHILE BUT IT'S WORTH
>WATCHING!!!
>
>THIS TRUCK RUNS MID TO LOW
>11'S AT 118 MPH IN
>THE QUARTER MILE RUN,NOT BAD
>FOR A 4 DOOR STROKER,WITH
>38" TIRES AND 8" OF
>LIFT,YA THERE 2" TALLER THAN
>WHAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR
>S-10 BAD BOY!!!
>
>YOU MIGHT SAY I'M BLOWING SMOKE
>UP PEOPLES A$$'S,THE ONLY SMOKE
>WILL BE IN YOUR FACE!!!
>
>
>NOW,IN THE ABOVE POST I MENTIONED
>CHEVY LUV'S NOT CHEVY S-10'S,I
>HOPE YOU DIDN'T TAKE IT
>OFFENSIVELY???
>
>THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNEW A
>POST LIKE THIS WOULD GET
>OO'S ATTENTION!!!

bess,

You must be talking about Maddoggs stroker huh? Awesome truck, but he is running a Cummins 5.9 in that rig, not the Powerstroke.

Mike
at235.gif

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-04 AT 04:19PM (MST)[p]I Sometimes Look at these new models and wonder "what were they Drinking , Oh i mean thinking" :D

I have to say the Laser and the Pinto for sure!

ALSO what is wrong with the MUSTANG, OMG Most Mustangs Are a Total Turn On to me Especially the NEWER MODELS :p:p:p

A Hunting we will go!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom