Worst Hunting Shows?

I watched that fat redneck from "Arrow Affliction" shoot a doe in the lawn from the back porch of the hunting lodge while cooking dinner after his hunt. He then cracked up laughing that he made the long shot and went and threw the thing over his shoulder to bring back. He was DRENCHED in blood and giving thumbs up....the rest of the show they kept cutting to shots of him standing there smiling covered in blood.....douchebag.

I like shockey, met him a few times and he is really cool, so was his wife. Met Chuck Adams, he's not a cool guy, came off as an arrogant prick. Oh,and I like eastman's, because of the terrain and animals they hunt....that's about it......

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

I watch quite a few of them while I'm working out but in all honesty, there's not a single one I can say I like. From what I can see, most of them can't hunt, can't speak well, and are always pimping something to make a dollar. And they don't know a much about plants or habitat. I'm always amazed that after "3 generations" the Eastmans don't know the plants of Wyoming. I always DVR the shows and figure I can speed through the first 7 minutes every time; nothing there. The average program is 1/2 hour, but it takes me about 6-8 minutes to watch it if I'm paying attnetion.

If I hear the word "awesome" one more time, I think I'll scream. Not sure why I even watch because very few even hunt. Most just sit in a ground blind or a tree stand and wait for a preprogrammed critter.

The question I always have is "can it possibly be worth it for the sponsors to pay those guys to be on TV?" I don't watch the commercials, and they don't affect my buying in any way.

Don't know the show but the guys name is Jay something. Bow hunting turkeys with his kid in the blind & HE shoots the bird? Aren't ya supposed to let the kid shoot?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-11 AT 10:09AM (MST)[p]

:Edit for spelling:

Worst: Anything with Whitetails and Turkeys. Not that they aren't produced well or are bad shows, just no interest what-so-ever.

Best: Anything with Elk, Muleys and Coues deer.

Funniest scene I ever watched was I think on one of Shockey's shows. He had a guest hunter muzzleloading muleys. The hunter had a young 20 something guide with him. They were watching a huge muley crossing a field in front of them. The hunter takes aim and says in the heat of the moment "Ok.. STOP HIM". The guide waits a second and whistles like he's calling to a buddy and yells "HEY DEER!!!" I fell off my couch laughing. By far the funniest thing I've seen on a show. Of course the deer stopped and the hunter shot him. I still have it recorded on my old Tevo.

The biggest A-hole out there is Keith Warren. A buddy of mine saw one of his shows where he was Elk hunting. Keith kept talking about this great ranch they were hunting and how there were no fences. Well my buddy booked a hunt on the ranch. He and a friend of his showed up for the hunt and were talking to the outfitter. The guy procedes to tell them how they are going to let the Elk out of the pens that night and they would get after them first thing in the morning. They were both disgusted. My buddy ate his tag and the guy with him shot a cow for the meat and to at least get something for the the thousands they spent. Keith Warren is a douche bag of the highest degree.

As far as Uncle Ted goes... I watch his show because I love his personality. Other than that, pretty lame stuff. Say what you will about Sunrize Safaris but Ted has dedicated his life to promoting hunting and gun rights, for that, we owe him a debt of gratitude. There are very few here that can say they've done as much to fight for our sport as Uncle Ted.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

First of all, I want to say that my blood brother Ted Nugent is about the worst thing that could happen to hunting and right wing politics. He is way over the top. Then there is Shockey, who I like, but get over the fact that it is not all that cool to shoot an animal at 200 yards with a scoped muzzle loader. Big deal. It's like listening to how good of shots the Best of the West and other long range hunting shows/sales campaigns brag about their 700 yard shots by guest who borrow the rifle.

All that being said, I do watch all of these show because they are the only thing on at the time and I like to see wildlife. I would much rather watch western hunting then tree stand whitetail or shotgun turkeys though.

If there was some spot and stalk whitetail shows, then I would like them just as much as spot and stalk muleys.

Anyway, worst would have to be either nuggent shooting exotics in texas eating out of a trough or turkey hunting, especially out of a blind.

Best would be Eastman's I think, but I do not get "On Your Own Adventures".

+1 NUGE calling himself the spokesman for all hunters makes us all look like moronic egotistical maniacs.I spoke to K warren once,complete bastard.

The Best

#1 - My favorite is Shockey's "The Professionals". A very well done show with a new and unique style to it. Loved every episode last year and looking forward to the new season.

Others - I really like the Eastman's shows and ole Fred Eichler is always fun to watch.

I also really liked an elk hunting show (can't for the life of me remember the name of it) on the Sportsman's Channel but I think it is off the air now.

The Worst

As much as I appreciate ole Uncle Ted's passion for our rights and hunting I really do think he needs to think about the impact some things can have. I know, I know he apologizes to no-one and he will do his thing. Kinda selfish if you think about it! I have to admit I sometimes find myself watching for a good laugh. I love the Queen of the Forest segments and the "My Favorite Guns" segments (anything that will blow $&#% up!) :)

Best of the West is terrible and I can't stand any of the southern shows either (Hunting the World Southern Style for example)

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom