would anybody be willing to help a newbee out? NM unit 34 Archery 1st hunt

viper

I posted in a the general forum I believe. This is my first elk tag ever and happens to be an archery tag. Im very excited about it. I went scouting past weekend in cloudcroft. I did see some cows and a couple of males still growing their antlers. I planning to go back every other weekend to get used to the land. I hung around the Weed area most of the day and went up north near the reservation border. I would appreciate any pointers. Im trying to research elk behavior (where they hang out at different times of the day) and some good spots. I understand this is a coveted tag and elk are everywhere. Hopefully this will be my first kill ever. Ive been hunting deer off and on but with friends and we never saw anything to get a shot at. You can IM me if you want to have a private conversation as well. Thank you!

Your hunt will be a blast. Make sure you got good GPS program that shows public and private land. You should be able to get into elk just about any part of forest. Feel free to PM me for some ideas.

34 was my first elk hunt ever I had a blast and was hooked after that. But it will spoil you! Not all elk hunting will be like 34 NM hunting.

I would not worry so much about the where in that unit I knew hunting but nothing about elk really and I found them all over.

If you have not hunted much youtube will be your friend. I would watch videos on quartering an elk and deboning elk. Hunting techniques and all sorts of crap on youtube.

Its a good unit to start on that's for sure.

enjoy my tag!!

?YOU DON?T FIND WILLPOWER YOU FORGE IT?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom