Would this be self defense?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
The world I grew up in this would be open season. In fact I've been there. I broke a guys ribs before a bunch of guys stepped in and pulled me off. Good thing I didn't have a gun. I would have shot him dead.

"I'm going to beat your ass" as he advances. That's all it takes IMO. 0:45 second video.

I’d be that angry to if I had to wear pink socks? Theses folks are gonna talk their way into a bad situation if they don’t check their attitude, that group was a bunch of puzzies for not obliging that azzhole with the beating he is looking for!

To answer your question, in my eyes yess, he threatened the group, but in this messed up world there is no telling!

The world I grew up in this would be open season. In fact I've been there. I broke a guys ribs before a bunch of guys stepped in and pulled me off. Good thing I didn't have a gun. I would have shot him dead.

"I'm going to beat your ass" as he advances. That's all it takes IMO. 0:45 second video.

Intent, ability and means. That's what many states use as their triad for determining if deadly force is ok in self defense.

It is also what the USN used to teach (as of 2017 when I retired from DoD) to their armed security guards.

Disparity of force will likely be a factor.

Wyosam, I'm only 5'8" 150....lol

Well, thats valid. Hare to tell from video, but he did look like a big ‘ol feller. People talking that much **** seem to mostly make noise though. I’ve never been compelled to carry, so I guess I’d just have hope I ate my Wheaties that day. Not against CCW or self defense use, Just never felt the need. That will probably come some time after I stop leaving the keys in my truck and start locking my house.

Eel little guys have fought more often then those big guys.
Most big guys have only a few times, Little guys are the ones you need to watch out for. LOL

My son was on call the other night with his team and they were lined up and a bunch of peaceful protesters were harassing them. One of the things they like to do is shine a flash light in their eyes on the strobe setting. Well this one big boy kept doing it to one of his team members and the officer told him to stop. After about the 6th time he started to do it again, the guy told him to stop or he was going to take action.

The guy persisted so the guy clubbed his hand holding the strobe and the guy got pissed and was going to attack the cop.........Bing bang boom he's on his ass and the cop is cableing him and arrest's him......moral of story don't pick on a 170lb ex special forces guy to try to prove your bravado! My son said the guys were all laughing knowing he picked on the wrong cop. There's no rookies on swat teams.......I guess that would have been a handy bit of information for the idiot to have known. So see EEL those wirey little 170 pounders can fool ya!! LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom