Would you support a split Big Game draw for Oregon?

Wanted

Would you support a split Oregon Big Game Draw?

Bighorn Sheep, Antelope and Mountain Goat to draw in Feb/Mar

Deer and Elk, leave it on May 15

Remember, sheep and goat are once in a lifetime and antelope is pretty much a twice in a lifetime. These hunts for the most part are late summer, early Oct. With the current situattion, we will be notified this year on July 1. This gives the few lucky ones less than 2.5 months to plan vacation time, scout, get in shape, sight in weapons etc.

i dont mind the idea but i see 2 sides of it. the pro, like you already stated, more time for these once in a lifetime tags. as far as getting in shape, just stay in shape and there no problem. sighting in, keep them sighted in and no problem. but i do agree it would be pretty handy.
the con- i hate wyoming system of get the deer and elk by jan30, then sheep, antelope, moose another deadline. then if you just want a point- another deadline. to many different draws to keep track of. the guys who are last minute applyers, that always overload the system, would do it for 2 different draws-twice the problems.
over all though i would like to know earlier. i think i would just rather ODFW move the whole draw deadline up to FEB 15, with results being out march 1st. [ and may some loophole to where i can draw a tag every year:) j/k]

I would much rather like to know really early. Utah draws end of Feb, with results in April. Maybe splitting the draw would alleviate the pressure on the system?

Killerbee: X2. Forget the split. One draw-Feb.15th. Results by March 1. That solves the problem and it's inline with what other, better managed, states are doing.

This is why Oregon would never do it. grin!! Other states have more common sense and management.

>That solves the problem and
>it's inline with what other,
>better managed, states are doing.
>

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

Back
Top Bottom