Wow, Swaro EL's.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
Last year I had the good fortune to work mega overtime and purchase several optic items. The Swarovski 10x42 EL's, the Swaro 15x56 SLC's, and a Swaro ATS 80 with 20x60 eyepiece spotting scope. I haven't played with them lately but me and my buddy went out looking for deer as it was turning dark yesturday. I let my buddy use the 10x42 EL's while I used the 15x56 slc"s on a tripod. We decided to move because we didn't see anything but while we were leaving we spotted a doe. My buddy looked through the EL's and before I could get the slc's out he handed me the EL's. WOW!!!!!! What a difference. Those EL's are swwwweeeeeettttt!!!!!! In my opinion there is a big noticeable difference between the EL's and the SLC's in low light conditions. Not much diff during full daylight. I do not regret buying the EL's and paying the extra money for them. Just my opinion. fatrooster.

That should help you on the hunt in NV this year, now no excuse for shooting a dink 2x2 Steve. LOL
Just pulling your chain, good luck and have a good time.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-05 AT 01:03AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-05 AT 00:59?AM (MST)

Fatrooster- There should be a difference at low light conditions. The exit pupil for a 15x56 is 3.7mm. The 10x42's exit pupil is 4.2mm. This allows more light through the eye because the average exit pupil is 4-6mm. The higher the exit pupil, the beter the low light binocular. Thats why the Zeiss Classic 7x42,8x56,and the 10x56 Nightowls were such good performers at dawn and dusk. Their exit pupils are 6mm,7mm,and 5.6 respectively. The 7mm might be overkill if you have an average exit pupil.

I just figured that the bigger the objective lens, the more light. But now I know that there is an equation. Just when I thought I knew something about optics someone has to set me straight, lol. Thanks CDN for the insight. I got a lot more to learn. In redneck terms, (those EL's are awesome) that dog will hunt!!!!! fatrooster.

I learn something new everyday. The day you stop learning, you should just roll over dead. That is life is all about.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom