WSMR Oryx Hunt 1 or 2 worth putting in for?

sigboy66

I am trying to decided if I even want to bother putting in for an oryx hunt this year. I notice the number of apps put in for hunts 1 and 2 on WSMR are way down. What is up with this? Is it worth even trying?

Thanks,

Sig

It aint a sure thing, high kill rate but some still go home empty handed
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

I have hunted the Stallion for three years in a row 2009-2011. On both of my hunts I filled out, a 38.5" cow and a broken horn. Although my buddy was not prepared for the shot he could have had a 39" bull. You will have to get out there and work for it! The temps were in the 80's. Saw a lot of quality animals, I would recommend the first hunts.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom