WTB horse or mule

nmwapiti

Posted in the classifieds but thought i'd throw a shout out here also.
Looking for a well trained, no bad habits STOUT horse or mule in the 8-12 yr range. I'M 6'0 220 LBS. $1,500 budget.
Will pasture on 60 acres in Cerro, NM with three other horses and will be used heavily during all elk hunts. Trail ridden every week during off season.

Have you checked out craigslist? I usually go into the "farm & ranch" section and search. I found a good 10 year old mule in Phoenix last year on there. There is a couple of good looking ones on there right now in the Albuquerque page but they are above your price range. Might be worth taking a look though.

Jeff

Yeah I've been checking C list daily. Also Equine.com
Just thought I'd throw a shout out here as well.

There is a guy in Belen who is a horse trader / broker who regularly gets good stock at a very reasonable price. I sold him a good gelding earlier in the year and was impressed by the stock he had at that time. Unfortunately I cant remember his name but his telephone number is (505)835-3509. I'm sure he can get you what you are looking for or may already have it.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom