WTF G&F!

NMBOWHUNTR

Ok so I stopped by the office today here in Albuquerque to pick up my reduced veteran small game and fish license and to purchase my turkey tag for next weeks hunt. Naturally I had to clarify when they were going to send out the habitat stamp/access validation and see how this was going to work sense turkey season opens up in a week.

The response I received was that they were going to hit our credit cards next week and start sending out the general hunting and fishing licenses along with the habitat stamp the following week(the end of April).

My response was that legally I cant hunt or fish on national forest without those stamps and that like a dumb@$$ I was one of im sure many people who purchased the $10 habitat stamp and access validation package with my deer license thinking it would be easier and cheaper online.

return comment was that I had to purchase them again in order to hunt the beginning of turkey season and that it was just one of the problems that this whole new licensing system created and that they are already working on it for next year.

Thanks NMDGF for making me fork out an extra 10 bucks and not thinking ahead!Im just blowing off steam and im sure I wont be the only one.

Hopefully none of you general season purcdhasers plan on going fishing any time soon... sorry

That's exactly why we only purchased the general hunting license online. We got our stamps and fishing licenses last week since I wasn't about to wait "until after April 15th". Drove all the way to Eagle Nest for a little ice fishing Saturday morning, only to see the "closed" sign. The guy at Dos Amigos fly shop said he got word of the closing on Thursday before everyone took off for Good Friday.

It can't be that hard to sell the next year's license before the old ones expire. Send 'em out and do a credit back for the deer tag if someone isn't drawn. Make that the only refund exception and they won't have to worry about someone pulling their app before the deadline.

See I called them about a month ago to clarify what and how they would distribute the stamps and access validation and they said just print your receipt but when I went into the office and talked with the secretary and a g&f officer the story was different. IDk what the deal is but its screwy...

NM does have a goofy system.

The applying and drawing a deer tag and then having to go to walmart to buy a deer license????

If you dont buy everything in one shot you have a huge wad of paper in your wallet.

Now if you carry your kids and your wifes in your wallet it is now about a half inch thick folded up.

What a pain.

Most states have a lic the size of a credit card and then you can buy stamps, or hunting tags.

I went to buy my license online and was confused by them still selling barbary sheep tags that I figured I would take my chances at walmart.

Of course at walmart a few years ago the guy selling me a private land deer tag asked me how many I wanted.

I've been hunting for years without a license. I figure its just like public parking. those blue spaces are awfully convenient and once every 10 years I get a $50 fee I have to give to a court to keep parking there. Its a real cheap parking pass if you ask me. I treat hunting the same way. Maybe you should try my way. Habitat improvement stamps are the least of my concern. I've heard the coyotes I've been hunting now are fetching $100,000 in the local court rooms. I'm thinkin bout reconsidering shooting those without a license. But elk and deer are still a bargain.

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

Oh man Paul, you brought back some memories. Remember back when they used to sale deer tags over the counter. I can't remember how many times they forgot to specify the season and hunt codes. Talk about a near governor tag experience lol!

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

For those of you that just tuned in recently Stinky is just joking. He flies as straight as an arrow.

Stinky, your giving the bad guys ideas!!

Sorry, paulette. I have straightened up a bit. Just last year I walked into the local game and fish office and asked them exactly how much it would cost if they caught someone shooting an extremely large bull elk out of season during daylight hours? They said as long as it wasn't spotlighting they would charge around $10,000. If spotlighting was involved a vehicle would be added to the price. Well I promptly handed them a check for said fees and off I went.

To think those friggin morons pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a governor elk tag. I got my governor elk tag for about 10 grand. That's a steal.

So there you have it. I've quit poaching. Now I just find out how much each critter costs and pay those fees in advance.

:)

This whole thing would work better if they moved the entire draw up to the oryx draw.... you would have your draw results, general hunting and fishing license, turkey license and stamps before the change of the fishing year (April 1).

However, that was unpopular with a couple outfitters and their non resident clients, so they had to scrap that idea.

I think we should continue to push for an earlier draw ....

Stinkystomper your a freaking riot! That isnt one bad idea though... and a cheap govenors tag for sure. I think I will be stopping back by the G&F to drop my check off too!

drop one off for me too. That seems like a pretty good deal because you can keep hunting if they don't catch ya on that first one right. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Habitat stamps validation numbers are available online under license sales in your account. Just print this out and keep it on you until the license arrives in the mail. This was told to me by the G&F at the santa fe office today. Just checked and mine were available.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom