WY 102-2 Elk Tag

Salmon

I drew this tag for 2023. I live in WA State and will not be able to scout before hunt. I know I will have to shoot a 4pt elk or less. Would anyone be willing to any info on where to start etc. I am 70yrs old and hope to kill one. At my age any elk is a good one. Thanks in advance for any info, please feel free to PM me....Tom

I drew this tag for 2023. I live in WA State and will not be able to scout before hunt. I know I will have to shoot a 4pt elk or less. Would anyone be willing to any info on where to start etc. I am 70yrs old and hope to kill one. At my age any elk is a good one. Thanks in advance for any info, please feel free to PM me....Tom
Do you mean 100-2?

Elk scattered all over that unit. You should have little trouble finding one. Western and Northern portion of the unit is more broken country. Eastern half is flatter which can lead to long shots. Elk will be everywhere. Don't let the dry lake beds on the eastern side deter you from looking there. Good luck and hope you have a fun hunt.

Did it last year with my cousin, as easy as elk hunting can get. You will have no issues finding a 4 pt. You may find a pile of 5/6 points first. All the elevated spots hold elk as well as the steep cuts out in the flatter areas away from the roads. Find water away from a road and elk will be close by. If you have a bow/crossbow do that as there are very few people out there before pronghorn starts, a better experience.

All of these guys neglected to tell you the real chit you need to know. The key to success in 100 is summed up in two words:

C store. 1704 elk street rock springs wy 82901. Is it a coincidence that the C store is located on elk street? No it is not. This place opens early and you can get green chile burritos, chimichangas, breakfast burritos, jo jo's, the list goes on. Its key to driving around in a pickup truck looking at all the elk.

Last edited:
All of these guys neglected to tell you the real chit you need to know. The key to success in 100 is summed up in two words:

C store. 1704 elk street rock springs wy 82901. Is it a coincidence that the C store is located on elk street? No it is not. This place opens early and you can get green chili burritos, chimichangas, breakfast burritos, jo jo's, the list goes on. Its key to driving around in a pickup truck looking at all the elk.
Some say it's a myth but the ones who know, know it is a true legend for all hunters alike c store breakfast burritos will help you succeed

C store. 1704 elk street rock springs wy 82901. Is it a coincidence that the C store is located on elk street? No it is not. This place opens early and you can get green chile burritos, chimichangas, breakfast burritos, jo jo's, the list goes on. Its key to driving around in a pickup truck looking at all the elk.
There has been a noticeable decline in the last few months. Maybe I have just gotten them on a couple of bad days.

While on north west side drive through Southpass and Alantic City. Old mining towns that are neat to spend a couple hours in. Lots of history there. During business hour there is ice, cold beer and a great hamburger.

Easy elk hunt from the vehicle. Lots of elk that appear out of no where. Drive and glass. Success in this unit seems to always be in the high 90%.

Good luck. Have a blast and report back. I did put in for this hunt also, but no luck.

I know one family that drew 4 of these tags and 1 type 1?. As mentioned above I would think a guy could fill his tag on day one the hit the list of things to see and do !!! Good luck and enjoy. Elk all over the unit !! And you can make it as easy or hard as ya want , close to civilization or remote as ya want !!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom