WY (30- Help) Last time - I swear

Rodzilla_v

I have asked, and have gotten help from a few nice folks in this forum on Antelope Hunting in this Unit (30)- drew it 3rd choice. Just seeing if there is a little more out there, Contacted the Game Warden and he was some help (nice guy too), but I was a bit discouraged with landowners getting access, the list I got from the Douglas Chamber was outdated, and the folks in it, have called the Chamber asking to be removed. Have been looking at the Map of the area with land ownership and with little public land, dont know if its worth a trip from Nevada. I think it may be, if I was going there for a Doe, I hear landowners will grant cheap access for them.

On the phone the Game warden said" if its your first time to the area , you probably wont get anything-maybe a doe', then I started to doubt if I should even go...

Debating if I am better off going to Cali and getting a D3-5 over the counter deer tag instead (Cheaper Gas). I hate tag soup - specially from great state like WY!
Any Help is appreciated...
Thank you - Rod

Rod, when are you planning on going? We will be there from Oct 25-31st. Do you have the BLM maps for the area? Tehre is a fair amount of state land that is open to hunting. Also some Hunter Management areas (they require a permit, which might be gone), and a couple of walk-in areas that are open to the public.

From our research, I don't expect it to be difficult to find bucks, but nice ones might be tough, since we are going at the end of the season.

I will be travelling this week, give me a call and I will be happy to fill you in on what I know.

We will travelling from Central Oregon.

Scoutdog
503-317-7576

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom