WY 94 Antelope tag

gdog

Pulled a WY area 94 antelope tag this year. Also pulled a UT LE archery elk tag and have spent all my time up till now on that. I understand SE WY has taken a hit with winter kill the last couple, but hoping to still be able to come up with a decent buck. I'm taking my son with me, who has never been on a big game hunt before. Good experience trumps score on this one, but we are still going to try and look for a good buck.

We should be able to spend the next few weekends looking. I"m hoping we'll find some decent bucks, but anyone willing to help us shorten the learning curve for the unit would be really appreciated.

gdog,
We did the same thing two years ago, with my son pulling the elk tag. I have always hunted antelope near the opener, but we waited until the last weekend of Sept. to go up and hunt during the rut. We were pretty much by ourselves and the antelope were crazy in the rut, which was way fun to watch. We both ended up getting our bucks and my son's was well into the "book".
I don't have any specific help for that unit, although I saw quite a few just driving by this summer. Get high and glass. You should be able to find a decent buck without too much trouble.
Best of luck

Thanks for the responses and PM's!

I've only hunted antelope once before and it was archery over water.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom