Wy Antelope Help

Calif_Mike

Just returned from Colorado from our annual elk hunt. No animals for us this year due to warm weather. My dad is 77 and goes with us every year but the elevation and cold are getting tough on him.

I'd like to investigate the possibility of switching over to antelope. Can you guys provide some helpful info on what units in Wy are easy to draw for, or have over the counter tags, public access, etc? Looking to do this as a DIY hunt as usual.

Thanks,
Calif_Mike

There are not many units that are easy to draw anymore if they have accessible public land. There are some units around Casper that you can draw about every other year that have decent access.

Some areas (like 25) appear to have good amounts of public land but much of it is inaccessible.

Wish there were better news.

Might have more luck with this in the Wyoming forum

Its all draw areas. No general...

You could research the areas that always have extras and know that you might have a good chance to draw but as stated before some public land can be hard to access.

I think you will draw just fine if you do your research just right. But as long as you don't want a area that is known to hold monsters and is hard to draw then its the wait game..

I hunt easy and local to my hometown and draw every year. The area has average bucks but the big ones do exist to..

Hard to have a bad goat hunt in Wyoming. PM me if you need some help and I will point you in the right direction.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom