WY Handgun Regs (Non-Resident)

inarcher

Good day.

I will be archery moose hunting in Wyoming grizzly territory in about ten weeks. Have bowhunted among grizzlies before. I will be carrying bear spray...but intend to carry a handgun also.

Everything I'm reading says I can carry the handgun in Wyoming while bowhunting. Given all the recent changes to gun laws across the nation, I just want to make sure I'm current.

So, two questions....

1. Is it still legal to carry a handgun while bowhunting in Wyoming?

2. Is my lifetime license to carry ,issued in Indiana , all I need to carry in Wyoming?

Appreciate it.

Paul

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-13 AT 05:47AM (MST)[p]Yes to both! However, it is not legal to use it to finish off an animal that you have wounded with your bow. If it's of a legal caliber for hunting a particular animal you have a license for and it's during gun season, then you can.

Topgun nailed it.

In Wyoming its legal to be concealed in Wyoming without the permit

Topgun beat me to it....

There are several online sites that will display the current reciprocity agreements for the states that recognize your permit.

Good luck on your hunt!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom