WY moose ?

SHB

If I started buying pp's in WY for moose would I ever draw a nr tag, or are there too many waiting in line ahead of me? I figure I have 25 yrs +or- before I have to hang up the hiking boots.

Brian is correct you should be able draw in the next 10yrs or so I had a non-resident draw a tag for my area with 7 this year

Depends on which unit you apply. If you apply for units like 38, 34, 1, 42, etc you may never catch up because they only give 1 or 2 tags a year. Also, with wolf/grizz problems in the NW corner the WG&F has and likely will continue cutting tags..so it will take that much longer to funnel through all the applicants ahead of you. Obviously if you apply for other less popular units your odds of drawing a tag may be pretty good in the next 20 years....is it worth the wait and price for the license and pref pt fees?

Don't forget they charge quite a bit right now just to gain a pref pt and you never know if the price for a pt will keep going up. I drew a tag a couple years ago and had a great time on my hunt but don't plan on ever applying again. You can almost do a Canada guided or Alaska self guided hunt for around the same price as a Wyo moose hunt with all the fees they charge/year and how expensive the tag is!

You never know....you may win the lottery and draw one of the all draw pool tags?

I looked up the website of an outfitter that was used on one of the Sunday morning outdoor shows, and a Canadian Yukon moose hunt was around 13K. In my niavete I thought that was the neighborhood of big bear and sheep prices.

Guided Alaska and Yukon moose prices have gone out of this world but nonguided AK hunts aren't too bad. Also, some of the guided BC, Alberta, Ontario moose hunts are pretty cheap...relatively speaking!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom