WY pronghorn...outdone again

BuzzH

Long Time Member
Not real sure, but I think my wifes WY Pronghorn buck she got today is a bit better than mine.

Just sayin'...

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

BUZZ...that is one nice Buck that your wife got there, like the "extras" on the horns too. Congrats to your wife and thanks for the pictures.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Great character! Makes me itch to get out and hunt them, but it'll have to wait another month.

Buzz, Congrats to your wife - and yup she outdid you for sure:)

You guys sure know how to find the antelopes!! That is a cool buck.

I think it's a bit better than 95% of all the pronghorns in Wyoming. Super mass. Congratulations!

Eel

She spanked you man. Good problem to have tho.......... Congrats.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

How did they score the 2nd mass measurement with that added back kicker point? It seems like it would have to wrap around that kicker thus adding 2 inches to each mass measurement. Super character, amazing!!!! Congrats!!!

How do these treads from 2012 keep showing up?
It is really quite easy. It is one of Founder’s website provided tools. It is labeled “SEARCH.” Many people don’t know how to use it or understand it’s function though illiteracy is quite common in society. Just go to SEARCH and type in “WY Pronghorn.”
54B93899-919A-4149-9EB9-73EF0B80F208.jpeg

How did they score the 2nd mass measurement with that added back kicker point? It seems like it would have to wrap around that kicker thus adding 2 inches to each mass measurement. Super character, amazing!!!! Congrats!!!
It was a debate on that, the c3 did land on the kickers...and it was discussed by several scorers.

Between all the back and forth, it never was really solved so, my wife said to hell with it and never had it entered.

IIRC, it ended up over 82 net, wanting to say 82 6/8 the jacked up way they scored it, which again, IIRC, they estimated the c3 excluding the measurements around the kickers. It would have robbed from the score to measure above them...but they felt it would add too much to include the measurement around them.

It was a tricky one to measure, and its one of those bucks that score just doesn't matter....once in a many lifetimes buck.

It was a debate on that, the c3 did land on the kickers...and it was discussed by several scorers.

Between all the back and forth, it never was really solved so, my wife said to hell with it and never had it entered.

IIRC, it ended up over 82 net, wanting to say 82 6/8 the jacked up way they scored it, which again, IIRC, they estimated the c3 excluding the measurements around the kickers. It would have robbed from the score to measure above them...but they felt it would add too much to include the measurement around them.

It was a tricky one to measure, and its one of those bucks that score just doesn't matter....once in a many lifetimes buck.
Thanks for the explanation and information. I kind of thought it would be right at that spot. I think you should enter it as it has so much WOW Factor- a definite no brainer OIL buck. Amazing character and MASS.(y)(y)(y)

You are right, no score matters on this buck.

B&C does not allow taking measurements over such projections when they occur on both horns. Measure from the base of the projection, around the horn to the opposite side of the projection. Using calipers, get a measurement "through" the projection and add this to previous measurement from around horn.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom