WY Pronghorn Unit 22 - Buffalo area

RuRu12

I am heading out this weekend to hunt Pronghorn in Unit 22. I will be hunting 12th-16th on Private in the northern part of the unit. Can anyone give me a report on current weather conditions? Is there currebtly snow on the ground? Have the east slope of the Bighorns had much snow? How is the antler growth in the area this year?

Any information will be greatly appreciated

I just got back from there last night - I hunted just south of 22 a little - and yes there is snow on the ground and cold cold weather. There was snow when I got there on Tuesday and it snowed there yesterday and is supposed to be really cold for the next 3-4 days. There are plenty of antelope and from what the locals told me they heard up when it gets like this - I did see one bunch of maybe 200 animals all together so I guess thats right. You will do fine if you can get around - I couldn't so had to walk in my area - did get a decent buck but the conditions are ugly!!

Oregonmuley - Thanks for the info. Congratulations on a great looking buck. Hopefully we'll find a couple of good ones too.

The ranch we are hunting has lots of roads, and the last time I was there the rancher told us he wouldn't mind us driving around. We hunted on foot mostly. We only used the truck to get into the different parts of the ranch, and then later to retrieve our bucks after we had taken them.

I have never hunted antelope in the snow before. I am hoping that if they have concentrated into big herds that the property we are hunting will still be holding animals. It would be a real bummer if they have all moved into a different area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom