WY Residents...time to cut a deal?

I am in the camp that this definitely could happen. Outfitters likely prefer 80/20 over 90/5/5, but 90/10 is awful for outfitters and a big risk. I think they make the deal if the deal is available. It all just makes we want to laugh and vomit, it is all about the money and everyone of you talking about this has been against outfitter set asides for a decade.

Not sure what majority of residents feel on these topics. But I think a lot of them do not know what is going on. Before the big 5 passed I was talking to a sheep biologist about an area. He was clueless about the big 5 tag proposal.

I think allot more residents who were unaware of the stuff going on at the task force would support 90-5-5. Wyoming has a small population and outfitting is a big industry here allot of people have an outfitter in their family or are friends with one. If most residents see that 90% they will sacrifice the diy nr in a heart beat they simply do not care. And yes I can see why sy wanted a guaranteed 5% of limited quota tags its simple security for the future there are no guarantees or security with regular 90/10 and he knows that especially now when diy hunting is all the rage

Last edited:
I'm betting if some of these threads or comments were posted on a Wyoming resident only page, I know there are a couple, heads would explode over what is getting said.
Good way to get the word put and let residents that don't do this forum know just what NRs think of us.
It would be real interesting in the forest this coming Fall if some knew what was being posted.

I think allot more residents who were unaware of the stuff going on at the task force would support 90-5-5. Wyoming has a small population and outfitting is a big industry here allot of people have an outfitter in their family or are friends with one. If most residents see that 90% they will sacrifice the diy nr in a heart beat they simply do not care. And yes I can see why sy wanted a guaranteed 5% of limited quota tags its simple security for the future there are no guarantees or security with regular 90/10 and he knows that especially now when diy hunting is all the rage
Rather than 90/5/5 - what about 90/10 and increasing NR Regular tag fees (say by 25%)...and then that extra pool of money is handed out as cash/welfare to outfitters? This puts guaranteed/no risk money in outfitters pockets (which is what they want), protects NR DIY hunters by keeping all available NR tags open to all NRs, and gets R's their 90%.

Outfitters in western states, including Wyoming, seem so opposed to capitalism and free market systems...so I presume they will embrace this welfare check with open arms.

I'm betting if some of these threads or comments were posted on a Wyoming resident only page, I know there are a couple, heads would explode over what is getting said.
Good way to get the word put and let residents that don't do this forum know just what NRs think of us.
It would be real interesting in the forest this coming Fall if some knew what was being posted.

If the totality of what Buzz posts were known by his neighbors and folks in Wyoming, Im pretty sure, he'd be headed for Colorado.

I don’t think a lot of NR think poorly of residents. I think there is a lot of frustration on what is going on in ALL states now. NR have supported WY wildlife for many years planning for future hunts that are no longer going to be available or within reach. Actually I read some resident comments as basically a F…You to Non Residents.

I don’t think a lot of NR think poorly of residents. I think there is a lot of frustration on what is going on in ALL states now. NR have supported WY wildlife for many years planning for future hunts that are no longer going to be available or within reach. Actually I read some resident comments as basically a F…You to Non Residents.
I also don't think that a lot of NR think poorly of Residents, they just have a misguided entitlement to Wyoming's wildlife. I don't think Residents think poorly of NR hunters either, they just care more (rightfully so) about Resident opportunity.

Its really partly on the Residents as we've been wayyy too generous for wayyyy too long with our wildlife.

When you want to pull that generosity back a bit, the entitled throw a fit...never appreciating how much they have had, and how much they would STILL have compared to other States.

What I fail to see in UT, NV, AZ, MT, CO, etc. etc. is Residents of those states pushing for increases in NR hunting opportunities to match those in Wyoming.

I also don't see many NR hunters whining and complaining about the 0-10% allocations of those other states either. If there is whining, its not nearly to the extent of what NR's whine about in regard to Residents here wanting something similar.

I think the realization for all of us, is that we better start concentrating on hunting our States of Residence. Look out for the Resident hunters FIRST and not worry about NR's as much.

The reality is that NR hunting opportunities in any State are going to be decreasing. Be happy with the opportunities other states give you, and don't complain or be surprised when Residents come first and your opportunities dry up.

I think the realization for all of us, is that we better start concentrating on hunting our States of Residence. Look out for the Resident hunters FIRST and not worry about NR's as much.

Seems like a good divide and conquer strategy.

I don't believe it is your intent, but from a couple of your posts you seem almost happy that deer/antelope populations are hurting and will put more pressure to get 90/10 pass.

In my simple mind, if deer/antelope populations were doing better it would create more opportunity (tags) for everyone.

We've all been whining too much!!!

It's a tough pill to swallow for the NR but understandably the residents want to come first. Why wouldn't they?

I'm not being bitter but I'm glad I was able to hunt Wyo as much as I have. Thanks!

Zeke

I also don't think that a lot of NR think poorly of Residents, they just have a misguided entitlement to Wyoming's wildlife. I don't think Residents think poorly of NR hunters either, they just care more (rightfully so) about Resident opportunity.

Its really partly on the Residents as we've been wayyy too generous for wayyyy too long with our wildlife.

When you want to pull that generosity back a bit, the entitled throw a fit...never appreciating how much they have had, and how much they would STILL have compared to other States.

What I fail to see in UT, NV, AZ, MT, CO, etc. etc. is Residents of those states pushing for increases in NR hunting opportunities to match those in Wyoming.

I also don't see many NR hunters whining and complaining about the 0-10% allocations of those other states either. If there is whining, its not nearly to the extent of what NR's whine about in regard to Residents here wanting something similar.

The reality is that NR hunting opportunities in any State are going to be decreasing. Be happy with the opportunities other states give you, and don't complain or be surprised when Residents come first and your opportunities dry up.

Can't speak for others but in Utah, NR can come through draws.

They can then BUY CWMU tags. Buy wxpo lotto tags. Buy auction tags. And now, buy tags from our wonderful guides pretending they are "landowner" tags. In short roughly 500 or so tags.

I'm not sure the number, but it's not a cut and dried only 10%.

Having said that. Be careful. Deals with corporate hunting are one sided. Your either a paying customer, or your hindering their bottom line.

Hmmmmm. 2016 whining from Buzz when New Mexico changed their system:

"I applied for New Mexico for elk, deer, pronghorn, sheep and oryx for many years. After I drew oryx, I bailed and will never apply there again until the residents get a handle on outfitter and landowners. The most corrupt state when it comes to allocation of wildlife resources in the West, hands down."

https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/i-hate-new-mexico.268465/

I understand fighting for 90/10, I respect that, but I lose all respect if you are willing to do it by getting in bed with outfitters. If that is whining, then I guess I will keep whining. Don't become New Mexico.

Buzz in 2021:

"I'm 100% opposed to outfitter set asides, just corporate welfare in its purest form, and outfitters put ZERO money into GF agency management."

Not trying to put you on the spot here and I understand people change their minds, but this is definitely a 180.

Buzz in 2014. I know that is a long time ago and opinions change, but you have to understand why people on both sides want a bigger portion of the tags. Back in 2014 you seemed to have a vastly different opinion. What about 90/10/5?

"I fought that bill in Wyoming and will continue to fight for NR's in Wyoming. These constant shifting of goal posts is not fair to anyone but a handful of Residents each year as a "best" case.

Its time for Resident hunters of each state to take off the blinders and think about the ramifications that their greed is having on long term applicants and their DIY NR counterparts. Its pretty tough for me to ask for support from NR's of Wyoming on important wildlife issues that happen here, then do nothing when their opportunities are being threatened via Resident greed.

I wont sell out DIY NR hunters to improve my odds as a Resident...wont do it."

Buzz in 2021:

"I'm 100% opposed to outfitter set asides, just corporate welfare in its purest form, and outfitters put ZERO money into GF agency management."

Not trying to put you on the spot here and I understand people change their minds, but this is definitely a 180.
I have changed my mind, lots of NRs make it easier all the time. Less opportunity for residents, less resource to go around, and actions, or lack there of, from surrounding states directed at me as a NR. I'm done fighting for the ungrateful...

Not tough to savvy...

I am really starting to get confused. Do people not express gratitude to you? You shrug it off when they do and then lump all NR together anyway lately. Is showing gratitude to you personally what is lacking??? If so, Thank you, as I have in the past. Wish you wouldn’t support set asides though. Did I mention thanks? We good now?

Do ALL nonresidents not pay a lot, LOT more per each opportunity in fees. Yes, they ALL do, call it monetary gratitude to the state, if you will.

This whole thread is ridiculous. Buzz has changed his tune, and its upset some people. SOME non-residents (i.e., individual people) have pissed off Buzz and some other residents (i.e. individual people) and here we all sit on either the NR side (all terrible?) or R side (all hating NR?) when really these forums are populated by like 5 people out of the whole country with too much time on their hands and nothing else to do.

I have changed my mind, lots of NRs make it easier all the time. Less opportunity for residents, less resource to go around, and actions, or lack there of, from surrounding states directed at me as a NR. I'm done fighting for the ungrateful...

Not tough to savvy...
So did you call Sy and secure your deal that you said he wanted and was just waiting for your jingle? Or are you going to give all the "whiners" another chance to conform to your way of thinking before you confiscate 10% of the tags? :LOL:

I'm just screwing with you because of your bold threat in this thread. It ain't often we get to see someone threaten to make such big changes in wildlife management in a state because they personally are mad at a few people on the internet. It's entertainment for sure!

I'm excited to see if I'll be hailing you as "Mr. Wyoming Wildlife", or "Empty Threat Buzz".

Just out of curiosity, how could all the "whiners" win you over? Should they send money? Flowers? Offer you free hunts? Hot chicks? Or just apologize to you every moment they get? What's it going to take in case there's a few out there who want to make you happy?

You should of all realized the outfitters had buzz in their back pocket on the big 5 deal. He told high point holders tuff sh.. who were waiting on sheep tags. Said they could of already drew tags. If they would of gone guided. Then he gives a guy crap for going DIY sheep and being unsuccessful. Guess we all need to hunt buzz’s way only.

You should of all realized the outfitters had buzz in their back pocket on the big 5 deal. He told high point holders tuff sh.. who were waiting on sheep tags. Said they could of already drew tags. If they would of gone guided. Then he gives a guy crap for going DIY sheep and being unsuccessful. Guess we all need to hunt buzz’s way only.

Go look up his One Shot Testimony. That's when I became aware of the mighty warrior who tells folks how it is, vs what he really does?

How did Colorado end up on your list? We are by far the most generous state when it comes to Nonresident hunting.
OTC Elk tags, 35% of draw quota and Landowner vouchers.
I think Colorado has been carrying the Nonresidents load for far too long compared to any otherwestern state

ok, now back to your discussion

I'm confused.

So was Buzz fighting for NR out of principle, realizing he was NR everywhere else? Or because he lijes his ego stroked? Or because an NR made him "famous?

I'm confused.

So was Buzz fighting for NR out of principle, realizing he was NR everywhere else? Or because he lijes his ego stroked? Or because an NR made him "famous?

Nothing to be confused about. He just admitted it wasn't a principled stand.

D. Both B and C are correct

BuzzH has inspired me to support more NR discrimination in my own state!

Devaluing of NR bonus points and commandeering $50M in NR moose/sheep point money paid over last 28 years.
Outfitter set asides.
NR “SPECIAL” tag draw @ 300% price for better odds
No DIY NR hunting on ANY federal or state land (why stop at just wilderness?)
3 day exclusive RES shed hunting.

BuzzH and WY have been so good for western hunting that we should propagate their ideas!

BuzzH has inspired me to support more NR discrimination in my own state!

Devaluing of NR bonus points and commandeering $50M in NR moose/sheep point money paid over last 28 years.
Outfitter set asides.
NR “SPECIAL” tag draw @ 300% price for better odds
No DIY NR hunting on ANY federal or state land (why stop at just wilderness?)
3 day exclusive RES shed hunting.

BuzzH and WY have been so good for western hunting that we should propagate their ideas!
Git ‘er done!

How did Colorado end up on your list? We are by far the most generous state when it comes to Nonresident hunting.
OTC Elk tags, 35% of draw quota and Landowner vouchers.
I think Colorado has been carrying the Nonresidents load for far too long compared to any otherwestern state

ok, now back to your discussion
For sheep, moose, and goat?

I agree, Colorado Residents should start making changes in regard to NR's, drastic changes, IMO.

So did you call Sy and secure your deal that you said he wanted and was just waiting for your jingle? Or are you going to give all the "whiners" another chance to conform to your way of thinking before you confiscate 10% of the tags? :LOL:

I'm just screwing with you because of your bold threat in this thread. It ain't often we get to see someone threaten to make such big changes in wildlife management in a state because they personally are mad at a few people on the internet. It's entertainment for sure!

I'm excited to see if I'll be hailing you as "Mr. Wyoming Wildlife", or "Empty Threat Buzz".

Just out of curiosity, how could all the "whiners" win you over? Should they send money? Flowers? Offer you free hunts? Hot chicks? Or just apologize to you every moment they get? What's it going to take in case there's a few out there who want to make you happy?
If you really believe the Residents have no pull with the legislature and can't make the changes, then I reckon you have nothing to worry about.

If you really believe the Residents have no pull with the legislature and can't make the changes, then I reckon you have nothing to worry about.
It has nothing to do with whether residents have pull to make changes, they do. But I don’t think they want to go as far as you do and give outfitters set aside tags. That’s just wrong. You’ve gone extreme!

I have no doubt Wyoming residents can make the changes they want, my doubt is that you can make the changes YOU want. This is all about Buzz and your small fan club, not Wyoming residents as a whole. At least that’s my opinion.

Did you call Sy? How’d that go for you?

You made the threat in this thread, and I’m saying “Do it!”, but I don’t think you can anytime soon, so I believe it’s an empty threat for now. Prove me wrong! Enough talk, call Sy, secure what you want. Just tell him to shoot me a text about your deal and I’ll hail you “Mr Wyoming Wildlife “.

It has nothing to do with whether residents have pull to make changes, they do. But I don’t think they want to go as far as you do and give outfitters set aside tags. That’s just wrong. You’ve gone extreme!

I have no doubt Wyoming residents can make the changes they want, my doubt is that you can make the changes YOU want. This is all about Buzz and your small fan club, not Wyoming residents as a whole. At least that’s my opinion.

Did you call Sy? How’d that go for you?

You made the threat in this thread, and I’m saying “Do it!”, but I don’t think you can anytime soon, so I believe it’s an empty threat for now. Prove me wrong! Enough talk, call Sy, secure what you want. Just tell him to shoot me a text about your deal and I’ll hail you “Mr Wyoming Wildlife “.
Seems you're doing most of the talking...

We'll finish the job, like we always do, count on it.

983765DE-20EA-40DD-A432-DB856605A7C8.jpeg

BuzzH goes by that name on hunting forums because it helps fulfill his internet tough guy image. I vote that he starts going by his real name Lloyd.

Ok Buzz, let us know when you’ve dished out your punishment to NR whiners.
I believe we already have, wouldn't you agree?

I suppose any lesson worth learning, is worth learning twice, and the hard way.

taking all the credit again. I guess they wanted you to be so involved in the committee to represent the citizens of Wyoming that they left you off the committee. Seems weird if you were the puppet master?

taking all the credit again. I guess they wanted you to be so involved in the committee to represent the citizens of Wyoming that they left you off the committee. Seems weird if you were the puppet master?
You have more influence not being on the committee and they can't leave you off if you don't apply. I don't have the time and don't like being hamstrung from operating in a meaningful way. I have other obligations and others to represent and its tough to navigate serving on a task force or committee at the same time.

Something I would have guessed, wrongly, you would understand.

I'm not the guy to serve on committees, task forces, etc. where quid pro quo is business as usual...not my thing.

Oh, and for the record:

"I believe we already have, wouldn't you agree?"

You have more influence not being on the committee and they can't leave you off if you don't apply. I don't have the time and don't like being hamstrung from operating in a meaningful way. I have other obligations and others to represent and its tough to navigate serving on a task force or committee at the same time.

I'm not the guy to serve on committees, task forces, etc. where quid pro quo is business as usual...not my thing.

Oh, and for the record:

C88C9157-C7D7-4171-A14D-06E13EB5D760.jpeg
C88C9157-C7D7-4171-A14D-06E13EB5D760.jpeg

Nonres diy/oyo hunters had no voice on the task force even though they had the most to lose from 90/10 for the big 5 and other matters!

Oyo/diy hunters must also have similar voice to you Buzz since their strong voice from the outside for 90/10 hasn’t happened for the past 10 years that you’ve swarn the bill would go through the legislature! Ain’t happening for d/e/a! There are to many benefits to status quo for the handful of res tags issued!

Status quo all the way baby!!!

Oh, and for the record:

Getting booted off committees isn't the same thing as saying you don't have the time for it.

I love this "we" talk, as though your some kind of influential badass. Just like that mouthy lawyer that shows up from time to time...

Getting booted off committees isn't the same thing as saying you don't have the time for it.

I love this "we" talk, as though your some kind of influential badass. Just like that mouthy lawyer that shows up from time to time...
Did you apply for elk in Wyoming this year?

OK.

I don't seem to have a personal history with Buzz like others do.

From doing some homework.

Isn't Buzz in leadership with BHA in Wyoming?

I thought BHA goal was to expand hunting, not limit it.

I don't get why, anyone would side with outfitters if the goal was to expand hunting when their business wants to eliminate non paying clients
Is Buzz in the legislature? Is he a commissioner? He talks as if he wields a bunch of power, I'm just trying g to figure out where it comes from.

As a NR in Wyoming, I'm at the states mercy ads to rules, but selling out to guides is what Utah does, I'm not real sure how R or NR benefits.

Anyone care to explain the point of this entire thread?

I think this proposal and thread is way at odds with what BHA stands for even if they don't put DIY in their core mission statement, they have it listed all over their website and have links to DIY Western Hunting Summit for people to plan western adventures. Seems quite at odds. Seems like Buzz should probably step down from BHA in order to push this through. Might have to drop my membership if this goes through and Buzz stays on the board.

OK.

Big changes came and big changes are coming and the NR hunters don't like them as much as the residents want us to (actually they don't care what we like) and they think we should simply not be expressing our opinion on Wyoming matters.

You can't feed me a turd and expect me to like it!

Yes, in Buzz's words, there has been "lots of high pitch whining".

The crux is: It looks like someone got sideways with Buzz and he's wanting all NR hunters to pay for their mistake!

I do have history with Buzz, spent time with him and I like the guy for who he is and what he does but sometime he can be a handful on MM.

Zeke

OK.

From doing some homework.

I don't get why, anyone would side with outfitters if the goal was to expand hunting when their business wants to eliminate non paying clients
Is Buzz in the legislature? Is he a commissioner? He talks as if he wields a bunch of power, I'm just trying g to figure out where it comes from.

As a NR in Wyoming, I'm at the states mercy ads to rules, but selling out to guides is what Utah does, I'm not real sure how R or NR benefits.

Mr. Potato head is just the local blowhard. When he gets bored alone in his basement and has had to many drinks, he shows off his super hero strengths.
That's what his pretend buddies tell me anyway.

For the record: I hope the residents get their fair share.
Just don't be a D about it, and label all NR with some BS. We pay the majority of the tab and have supported WY for years!

Last edited:
I apparently have the honor of him blocking me, so I guess we have history.

That history on a personal level goes back to his proclaiming on Newbergs forum during gov shutting down businesses that those businesses deserve to go bankrupt because they didn't put money in the bank like he had.

As I was emptying my savings account frantically trying to buy as much sheetrock and mud as I could store not knowing how it would play out, I was more than offended.

Not having the humility to realize he was a gov employee and faced zero consequences from gov mandated shutdowns I went after him.

Shockingly, and not suprisingly, I got a pm from Randy that I had to play nice with Buzz. To which I reminded Randy that I respected his alliance to a guy who took his boy hunting, but that he should remind Buzz, to not be a complete azz. And, that I'm betting his "friends" in Laramie also facing ruin, wouldn't be so understanding if they read what he really thought of them and their plight.

Fast forward, Buzz started his usual "I will end One Shot" crap. The usual. HE would do this, HE would do that, yada, yada, yada. I was curious, so I checked his testimony, on the record, and what he says publically, isn't close to what he testified to. He got livid that I called him out, over, and over, and blocked me.

Which brings us here. Here is the great and mighty Buzz, who has ran his mouth about outfitter tags, outfitters, etc over and over, as was screen shot previous. But here he is, creating a thread, about joining with them.

Hilarious because he somehow believes him and Sy making a deal will equal how it's going to be, as if he alone possesses that level of power.

It shouldn't be lost in all this, that his usual partner JM and an ally mulecreek, take very little heat. Mainly because whether they agree or disagree, they aren't complete azzes, and further, because they don't seem to think they are the voice of sportsmen.

Notice also, who is calling him out.

Founder is a lot of things, but argumentative ain't one of them, and apparently he's even grown tired of Buzz bullshit.

He doesn't speak for NR. He never did. He spoke for them as a wedge to take shots at outfitters/WYOGA.

Wyoming R isn't being wrong in wanting what most of the mtn states offer, roughly 90/10. That's a principled position. And not unfair.

Compare that to captain NR, until you don't send him flowers or candy, then turning anti NR, and it's pretty easy to see what's up.

Buzz, Buzz....Buzz. He's a certified "Randy" dontch'a know (which may be the reason for his superior tone). I hope he gets help before hurting himself or others. Meanwhile, I think this lil' blurb below fully explains his behavior:
He's a fountain of misplaced rage. Name your cliche; Mother held him too much or not enough, last picked at kickball, late night sneaky uncle, whatever. Now he's so angry that moments of levity actually cause him pain; give him headaches. Happiness, for that gentleman, hurts.

I think this proposal and thread is way at odds with what BHA stands for even if they don't put DIY in their core mission statement, they have it listed all over their website and have links to DIY Western Hunting Summit for people to plan western adventures. Seems quite at odds. Seems like Buzz should probably step down from BHA in order to push this through. Might have to drop my membership if this goes through and Buzz stays on the board.
Do what you feel is best, but expanding opportunities for Resident hunters is way more critical than your NR sheep tag.

Residents come first, every time in my order of importance...just the way its going to be. No different than any other State. I would much rather see a few thousand more Resident hunters getting to hunt LQ areas, youth, first time hunters, long time hunters, etc. Won't apologize to anyone for that either.

You can worry about expanding opportunities for your Residents and I'll continue to do things for the Residents of my state.

That's simply never out of line and never not the right thing to do...wouldn't you agree?

The WY BHA has pretty much shown to be a bunch of big talkin' little doin' flat brimmers. Quite a few public land access isues have been brought to their attention....with most being responded to with crickets. The dirty little secret about the Elk Mountain corner crossing simply because some of the BHA higher ups personally were invested. Otherwise, this group is not much more then pint nights yahoos

Ya know, you've got to wonder 'bout Bust (Buzz). From what I understand, he's a govt. employee yet obviously spends most the working hours jousting on the 'net. MM, RandyTalk, Rokslide (oh, got booted from there).

The irony is, we pay Bust's salary....he gets to play all knowing all tough all badazz Buzz all day on our dime!

Can't make this sh_t up!

It's piling on at this point, but my opinion after following this thread for a couple days is that one individual here generates about as much useful productivity in a day as a former community planner. Who has that much time to pat their own back and pound their powerful chest to a group of anonymous unknowns?

It shouldn't be lost in all this, that his usual partner JM and an ally mulecreek, take very little heat. Mainly because whether they agree or disagree, they aren't complete azzes, and further, because they don't seem to think they are the voice of sportsmen.
I disagree, my wife has said on several occasions over 35+ years, that I am indeed a complete "azz".

Do what you feel is best, but expanding opportunities for Resident hunters is way more critical than your NR sheep tag.

Residents come first, every time in my order of importance...just the way its going to be. No different than any other State. I would much rather see a few thousand more Resident hunters getting to hunt LQ areas, youth, first time hunters, long time hunters, etc. Won't apologize to anyone for that either.

You can worry about expanding opportunities for your Residents and I'll continue to do things for the Residents of my state.

That's simply never out of line and never not the right thing to do...wouldn't you agree?
I have said I understand and respect you going for 90/10, but 90/5/5 is way out of.bounds for what BHA has supported and what you have said in the past. I truly think you are a bit at odds here supporting outfitters and being on the board of BHA. It takes away opportunity from people that cannot afford an outfitter, agreed?

I have said I understand and respect you going for 90/10, but 90/5/5 is way out of.bounds for what BHA has supported and what you have said in the past. I truly think you are a bit at odds here supporting outfitters and being on the board of BHA. It takes away opportunity from people that cannot afford an outfitter, agreed?
Going to explain this one time, and that will be the end of it.

The way WYBHA operates is that we have a board. We vet everything we want to lobby for or against. We take a board vote via zoom, in person. We also have a paid lobbyist that does a majority of our legislative work and speaks on behalf of BHA.

We either choose to take a position or not take a position on everything brought to the board.

That said, we ENCOURAGE all of our members, including our board members, to weigh in on any issue that BHA may not choose to support as an organization. They do so as individual hunters, anglers, and responsible citizens that want to be involved. That should never be discouraged no matter the issue, we all have an individual voice.

Nobody, including you and your threats here, are going to change that. So no use wasting your time trying to hamstring me or anyone else supporting or opposing issues as individual hunters, anglers, recreationists or just citizens of WY or the United States. We live in a representative republic and have a voice as individuals. If you don't like it, too bad, move to another country where people are not afforded those rights.

Going to explain this one time, and that will be the end of it.

The way WYBHA operates is that we have a board. We vet everything we want to lobby for or against. We take a board vote via zoom, in person. We also have a paid lobbyist that does a majority of our legislative work and speaks on behalf of BHA.

We either choose to take a position or not take a position on everything brought to the board.

That said, we ENCOURAGE all of our members, including our board members, to weigh in on any issue that BHA may not choose to support as an organization. They do so as individual hunters, anglers, and responsible citizens that want to be involved. That should never be discouraged no matter the issue, we all have an individual voice.

Nobody, including you and your threats here, are going to change that. So no use wasting your time trying to hamstring me or anyone else supporting or opposing issues as individual hunters, anglers, recreationists or just citizens of WY or the United States. We live in a representative republic and have a voice as individuals. If you don't like it, too bad, move to another country where people are not afforded those rights.
I respect that in principle. Did BHA vote on any of these topics under discussion?

An interesting question, at least in my opinion. Would HB 147 stop the posting of public roads at cattle guards?
Not sure if there is private on the other side of the guard.

If it said private road that would be a violation.

Last edited:
The following policy statement from BHA:

We urge wildlife management agencies to avoid policies and regulations that establish transactional circumstances that monetize wild game hunting opportunity and compromise equity in access to public trust resources.

And the following guiding principle:

We take the advice of Theodore Roosevelt: "Preserve large tracts of wilderness ... for the exercise of the skill of the hunter, whether or not he is a man of means.

Laudable vision for sure. Must be quite the tightrope when considering allocations, fees, and outfitter set asides.

While confusing it is not hard to figure out those signs mean for the land beside the road, not the road.
I agree in most cases it is easy, but not all. I have turned around many times not wanting the headache of dealing with the landowner or law enforcement. Probably why they post the roadway. They should post the private land that parallels the roadway.

I agree in most cases it is easy, but not all. I have turned around many times not wanting the headache of dealing with the landowner or law enforcement. Probably why they post the roadway. They should post the private land that parallels the roadway.
A little side track, but if you look you'll see the fence goes to the cattle guard in most cases, they are simply posting were their lands starts in relation to those who travel down the road.
Consulting CR maps helps and of course OnX or gps.
Private Road signs are what you should watch for at a cattle guard to know if the road changes to private or not.
It is a very common practice, posting at cattle guards, and not really meant to try and make folks believe the road is private, for the most part. It is just a easy way to show where property ownership changes along a road.
Some CR do terminate at private land though, I also know some that actually go right through some ranchers yard almost, corrals and such.
I do agree that posting parallel to the road may be less confusing.

The bill making posting public lands a form of harassment is a good start.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom