wy sheep point ?

smokepolejohnson

Very Active Member
I have 3 non res sheep points, Is there any realistic chance of drawing in the next 30 years? Im 27 years old and thinking that long term that money may be better spent putting in for other tags.

Spend it elsewhere in my opinion. According to several articles I have read, if a person does not have at least 8 right now they basically do not have a realistic chance other than just pure luck. Just my opinion and what I have read. Very expensive point to purchase and I am sure it will go up in a couple of years again.

I WOULD NOT BUY THE SHEEP POINT EITHER...THE COST WILL GET UGLY IN THE FUTURE. YOU MIGHT BE BETTER OFF JUST PLANNING A SHEEP HUNT IN CANADA IN TEN YEARS.....AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOUR GOING TO HUNT SHEEP IN CANADA.....TAGS ARE OTC...THE HUNTING IS EXCELLENT.......YD.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but just because it takes ~10 points to draw this year, does not mean it will take 10 points to draw 5-6 years from now. Realistically, you will probabbly never rise to the top of the points pool and the only chance is the random draw. If you really want to hunt sheep, use the money that you would spend in the next 30 years applying and go hunt dalls.

I think its worth sticking with it if you intend to hunt bighorns. All sheep tags are a long-shot anymore, but you wont ever draw if you dont apply.

The random odds in WY are better than the draw odds in MT, NM, etc.

With that many points you would be lucky to hit max points in 30 years, much likely a lot longer. Also, you can count on WY raising fees and I think they will cut the % of tags NR get, you better believe even a small cut will dramatically increase your wait.

I have 8 points and I am staying in - but I want to hunt sheep BAD. I figure it will take me 20 years to reach max pnts, along with hundreds of others.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom