Wy unit 100 type 5 elk

DanMan

Anyone familiar with how good a tag this might be ? Just some last minutes thoughts on applying for a cow tag but never been in this area before. It looks like decent harvest stats but with the later dates of this type 5 tag wasn't sure how easy or difficult it might be to get around in the unit. Also wasn't sure if the type 5 is unit wide or is limited ?
Appreciate any info you might want to share.
Thanks,
Dan

It can be rough getting around in that country. This year not an issue at all. Last year accessing any of it from the north was impossible after Thanksgiving. From the south there is usually access VIA oil and gas roads, but if the weather hit right anything off the plowed Oil and gas roads might be rough. Last year was an anomaly compared to normal years, this year is the extreme opposite. I would say you should have easy access more than not.

In some cases finding a cow might be an issue. 2 weekneds ago I saw 74 bulls in the unit and no cows. However earlier this fall I saw a herd of 400+ cows.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom