Wyo Antelope leftovers

elkantlers

Long Time Member
Me and my 13yo son drew NR antelope tags in Wyoming last year. We have 0 points so I don't expect to draw a tag this year. The problem is my son is hooked and would like to go back again this year.

So my question is what would be my best option as far as leftover buck tags with a possibility for some doe tags? What units have leftover licenses with enough public ground to hunt or private ground with reasonable tresspass fees? If you have any names of landowners I would appreciate it also. You could PM me.

Thanks, elkantlers

I am in the same position. I think there will be some good options, but will have to wait and see how many tags they cut. That could result in less leftover tags, and more competition.

You should also consider some of the private land units, where there are always leftover tags. You can normally get access for a reasonable fee, $ 25.00 a day is what I paid.

Scoutdog

Elkantlers--

For strictly public with gobbits of leftovers, I'll profer Areas 7, 21 and 20, in that order. Area 7 is on the TBNG map put out by the USFS, with decent roadside access to dozens of public sections or section groups. Newcastle and Moorcroft are in proximity.
Area 21 puts you by Kaycee, Edgerton/Midwest not far off and Casper half an hour down the Interstate, with fair access to multiple BLM sections or groups down low off the mountain. For Lope your BLM maps would be Kaycee and Midwest.
Area 20 is similar but slightly more limited in public options with the Buffalo and Kaycee BLM maps covering it for most of the Lope at that time of year.

Rump

I was wondering about leftovers too.
I'll be hunting Elk area 7 with my son, I put him in for region J deer and the antelope was as an afterthought.
Was thinking that if time allowed, I could maybe get him his first antelope.
HH

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom