Wyo Area 19 Sheep

wyobiggamer

I was lucky enough to draw Area 19 Sheep in Wyoming. I was wondering if anybody had any information or previous hunting experiences in this area. I was also curious on access for hunting on public land, possible trespass fees, or gaining access through private. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Congratulations WyoB.
I really don't know much about that unit, except there can be some access issues in 19. I know if you are looking for an outfitter that Mike Walkuri (Sp?) has guided for some really good rams out there.
Anyway, good luck! Hopefully someone on here can help you out.

A few years ago I looked into area 19 and the biologist was Marty Hicks (307) 322-3821. He was great to talk with and told me to call back when I drew the tag. I am one short of max points so it may be a few years until I can draw this unit. Let me know how the hunt goes and if you can pull it off without a guide.

Congrats on tag. Great area, there are some access issues. M. Wakuri is 1st class. He has taken some great rams in 19. Come to the WY Wildsheep Fountation Convention fundraiser the 4th of June in Casper. Go to website for ticket info.

Wyoming G&F biologist will be there and can give you info/help. Martin Hicks will be here in the afternoon since he is giving a presentation on sheep habitat projects in area 19.

from the "Heartland of wyoming"

I was speaking to a big game biologist out of Laramie a few years ago. He was telling me they had at least one and maybe two B&C rams on private ground in 19 that were moving between two ranches. He said he'd heard they were asking $5k a piece for a trespass fee. Never did hear what happened with either ram. He said access was a problem unless you wanted to pay.

Thanks for the info fellas. I had an idea this would be a good area with tougher access. I have talked with the wildlife Biologist in the past and it sounded like they have killed quite a few of the rams on public land just a matter of when they are there. I haven't read or heard of many past experiences. I'll be in touch with the wildlife bio again I just wanted to get as much info as I could before I met with him. I guess we'll just have to get after it! Thanks

First of all, congratulations on what I feel is the best sheep tag in Wyoming. I can help some but first have a couple of questions. How long will you have to hunt? Will you backpack two or three miles to hunt? Pm me back and I will tell you what I know.

Hunted with the Wakkuri's, good people!

Mike will walk your legs off and is a sheep nut.

He put a client on what I thoughs was a 180 class while I was there during archery elk.

Very good people if you gotta get it done.

Elk Mountain Outfitters is the name. Myron or Mike are who you want to talk to.

Bill in MI

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom