wyo goat hunt

nfh

Long Time Member
i got a resident wyoming goat tag and been working my butt off during archery season to connect with one. i have gotten 50 yards away but the furthest i shoot is 40. have seen some real big billys and some super nannies.

here is a monster billy. this picture is taken 2 miles away through the spotting scope. picture came out blurry but from that far you can see his big ol horns

100_1167.jpg

here is really big nanny. she tends to run the show.
100_1189.jpg

here is the big nanny again. another nanny is below her with her kid.
100_1193.jpg

here is a average size billy.
100_1225.jpg

i have seen a total of 28 goats so far this year. total of 3 real big shoother billys. and that one nanny that is a stud. another i guy i know has a tag to and we think she could be over 10 inches tall. rifle season opens this thursday and im debating between the billy's and the nanny. she has no kid with her and has a nice coat on her. where the billys are still roughed up.

here is nanny with her kid and a real young billy. the nanny is always pushing this billy way but he just follows. not sure if it is her kid from a year or 2 ago.
100_1180.jpg

100_1197.jpg

100_1200.jpg

here is a billy at 150 yards away with the camara on no zoom.
100_1219.jpg

100_1221.jpg

Those goats live in some rough and barren country. That billy in that 1st pic is a toad. Good luck.

Eldorado

Good luck on your hunt. The goat hunt is a though hunt where you earn your trophy!! Keep us posted.

Looks like you have them figured out. Now it's time to seal the deal! Good luck! Looking forward to hearing a success story and lots of pics.

Good luck on the hunt.

They are one of the really cool mountain animals. I would love to hunt them more than once in a lifetime.

Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Zeke

>Good luck on the hunt.
>
>They are one of the really
>cool mountain animals. I would
>love to hunt them more
>than once in a lifetime.
>
>
>Thanks for sharing your photos with
>us.
>
>Zeke

X2!

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

thanks guys. hopefully in a few days i will be posting pictures of a goat on the ground. hust hope i can make it through work tommorrow. this week has been dragging

Brings back memories of my goat hunt in WY. Might just be the toughest animal to judge. Finding a goat in a shootable location proved to be a challenge. I harvested this great billy a few years back in late Oct. with a rifle. I just love the long hair. Keep at it and best of luck!
3921billy_pic_for_email.jpg

that is one great looking billy. love his hair.thanks for the picture that is good photo. i did harvest my goat it is a few threads down.

Zig

If we are to split hairs, a RM goat isn't an actual goat either. Closer related to the Rupicapra (Chamois of Europe and Asia) than any actual Capra (true goats) species. Nonetheless, they're ALL goats to me! :)

The WY goat shot above is a helluva billy! I hope to find one just like him next month in BC!!

Great pics guys.

------------------
DRSS

>If we are to split hairs,
>a RM goat isn't an
>actual goat either. Closer related
>to the Rupicapra (Chamois of
>Europe and Asia) than any
>actual Capra (true goats) species.
> Nonetheless, they're ALL goats
>to me! :)

Scottyboy et al,

True, however, we don't call our NA moose "elk", and we don't call our elk "stags" like they do elsewhere.

You're right, a name is only a name yet things get a bit muddied when we switch the names of two uniquely NA game animals just because we think it's clever.

This is a free society and I suppose we can call them whatever we want but, as you know, many non-hunters and some hunters get confused whether it's a goat or a sheep. Shall we call it a sheep simply because others do? Maybe that will catch on too.

Nice stiletto horned sheep!

only 2 cents worth,
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom