Wyo Region Y

bottomlands

High there....this is my first post here. Ive read some ideas and love some stories and pics.
My brother and I have been deer hunting up in the north end of Reg Y (General tag) for the past 10 years with a few small deer killed. We just got back home last week from our hunt where we did alot of exploring new areas and taled to some locals who was kind enough to point us in a few new directions, Boyde Ridge for one. We made a drive through some of it with good intentions of going back on our next trip.
My questions is has anyone here hunted that area before that can throw out some pointers for there? What can we expect as far as spot an stalk bow hunts? What quality deer to expect and such?
Im not looking for anyones hot spot just some general ideas to a new area.
Thanks in advance, David

I was up in the boyd ridge area a couple years ago during rifle season everyone i talked to said the deer numbers were way down up there but the people that were getting deer were getting nice ones, i hunted one day and headed south

South of there around the 3 lodges is where we normally do our hunting and over the last 2-3 trips the numbers seem down there as well.

No-one have any luck this past season there?
We`re thinking of taking a break on it this year while we build up a couple antelope points for next years 2021 hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom