Wyo Wildlife Task Force recommendation to increase special NR fee

i was actually throwing you a compliment. oh well, you continue to be a little internet bch as i'm sure reading comprehension is not a priority for you
"eidt: jm and buzz, you two like to be chummy with the g & f at times, but you know i'm right"

Nice compliment newbie...:rolleyes: wash your mouth out with soap.

So Buzz, how much did you and other Wyo res spend on your hunting licenses in 2022 and what was the average price/res tag? My guess is you have at least 6 tags in your pocket with an average tag price of around $35 or less/animal.

I drew 2 Wyo tags this year as a nonres and spent around $2,100 on tags, fees, pref pts, and stamps. That's an average of $1,200/animal.

With that said, it's pretty obvious that nonres spend a heck of a lot more $/animal than Wyo res that goes directly to the WG&F budget. Every nonres tag lost with 90/10 or any other scenario is a pretty big hit to the WG&F, especially when you talk about 1/2 of the limited nonres big game tags lost with 90/10. That doesn't even factor in the loss the WG&F in revenue generated by nonres not willing to purchase pref pts when their draw odds are cut in 1/2 and it takes twice as long to draw the same limited tags. I'm certain that a lot of nonres will drop out of the pref pt game.

As I've been saying all along, it's a pipe dream that Wyo will convert to 90/10.....why on early would the WG&F and small town business' want to shoot themselves in the foot by cutting nonres revenue and opportunity?

We all know there was no strategy brought up that would make up the budget losses if nonres tags were cut in 1/2. Buzz, what's your solution for the direct loss to the WG&F budget with 90/10? I know you have none and will twist and turn facts as you always do!

Status-quo sounds pretty darn good the closer you look at the facts!

Last edited:
So Buzz, how much did you and other Wyo res spend on your hunting licenses in 2022 and what was the average price/res tag? My guess is you have at least 6 tags in your pocket with an average tag price of around $35 or less/animal.

I drew 2 Wyo tags this year as a nonres and spent around $2,100 on tags, fees, pref pts, and stamps. That's an average of $1,200/animal.

With that said, it's pretty obvious that nonres spend a heck of a lot more $/animal than Wyo res that goes directly to the WG&F budget. Every nonres tag lost with 90/10 or any other scenario is a pretty big hit to the WG&F, especially when you talk about 1/2 of the limited nonres big game tags lost with 90/10. That doesn't even factor in the loss the WG&F in revenue generated by nonres not willing to purchase pref pts when their draw odds are cut in 1/2 and it takes twice as long to draw the same limited tags. I'm certain that a lot of nonres will drop out of the pref pt game.

As I've been saying all along, it's a pipe dream that Wyo will convert to 90/10.....why on early would the WG&F and small town business' want to shoot themselves in the foot by cutting nonres revenue and opportunity?

We all know there was no strategy brought up that would make up the budget losses if nonres tags were cut in 1/2. Buzz, what's your solution for the direct loss to the WG&F budget with 90/10? I know you have none and will twist and turn facts as you always do!

Interesting jims is always posting on Wyoming forum, but rarely on Colorado. Jims, who shared their points with you now? Another handicap hunter?

I think you need to get out of 1960...I'm not aware of many "$35 resident tags on average"...

Also, do you have any idea how easy it would be to cut a deal with WOGA to get 90-10?

All residents would have to do is give them half the remaining 10% as a set aside...game over.

The only thing keeping that from happening is the residents you antagonize...might keep that in mind.

It doesn't surprise me Buzz isn't willing to share how much he spent this year on his 6 or so big game tags! Plain and simple Wyo res tags are dirt cheap! Isn't it great Buzz that you can hunt 5 or 6 big game critters as a resident each year on a popper's salary? You and other Wyo res must be thankful to nonres that they are flipping the bill for over 70% of the WG&F budget?

I'm also not surprised Buzz has no real answer to where the WG&F will generate the 70% revenue loss with 90/10 other than cutting an outfitter deal. Any other ideas Buzz?

Yep you are correct Buzz, 90/10 won't happen unless there is a deal cut with outfitters! Do you seriously think that will happen?

It doesn't surprise me Buzz isn't willing to share how much he spent this year on his 6 or so big game tags! Plain and simple Wyo res tags are dirt cheap! Isn't it great Buzz that you can hunt 5 or 6 big game critters as a resident each year on a popper's salary? You and other Wyo res must be thankful to nonres that they are flipping the bill for over 70% of the WG&F budget?

I'm also not surprised Buzz has no real answer to where the WG&F will generate the 70% revenue loss with 90/10 other than cutting an outfitter deal. Any other ideas Buzz?

Yep you are correct Buzz, 90/10 won't happen unless there is a deal cut with outfitters! Do you seriously think that will happen?
Yes, I do think it will happen.

And you shouldn't have fallen asleep in third grade math class.

Are you seriously trying to claim that 90/10 would force the WYOGF to survive on 30% of their current budget?
Also, why is it so shocking that residents of a state pay less than nonresidents of that state. I currently have 19 points for deer in Colorado, would you mind making a call to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife and ask if I can pay what you pay for a Colorado deer tag? Maybe you could also talk to them about the small game license that I buy every year that goes unused.

Nonres currently contribute 70% of the WG&F revenue generated from license sales. Yep, If nonres limited tags are cut in 1/2 the WG&F will take a major revenue loss. Also if more more nonres quit applying for tags and paying high pref pt fees after their draw odds are cut in 1/2 it will mean even higher revenue losses to the WG&F. Long-term loss will be pretty brutal.

Currently nonres sales/fees and pref pt revenue is increasing with more nonres applying each year for tags.

Nonres currently contribute 70% of the WG&F revenue generated from license sales. Yep, If nonres limited tags are cut in 1/2 the WG&F will take a major revenue loss. Also if more more nonres quit applying for tags and paying high pref pt fees after their draw odds are cut in 1/2 it will mean even higher revenue losses to the WG&F. Long-term loss will be pretty brutal.

Currently nonres sales/fees and pref pt revenue is increasing with more nonres applying each year for tags.
Not if the legislature raises NR license fees, which they'll be doing here shortly and can continue to do to make up for any revenue loss.

Take half the NR allocation and double prices on the half that's left...easy solution.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom