Wyoming 90-2

idhunters

My wife and I drew tags in 90-2. Any advice? How bad is the traffic from all the oil rigs and does it impact the hunting?

It effects the quality of the hunt, some of the antelope are easy to get because they are used to people, Im curious did Garth or Eastman recommend this hunt? I put my young nonres nephew in because it was an easy draw and he had two points, I just looked at the odds and wow, what a change from last year, looks like everyone and their brother put in.

I did utilize Eastmans, it was one of many "blue chip" units. I don't read Garth's mag so I don't know about his picks. With as many units recommended by Eastmans I doubt it had a huge impact.

My wife and I put in together on a group hunt. I had 4 points, she had 0 so we drew with the 2 pt average each (non-res).

there are plenty of goats there, you will have to look over a boatload to find one over 15" but they are there. The gas rigs help with roads and I don't think they trouble the hunt, the tons of road hunters do stir them up early and affect the wariness of the antelope. Advice is get out there early in the season and don't shoot the first mediocre goat you see.

I also drew this unit along with my Dad. We have been trying to draw this tag for the last 5 years. The odd in the random draw were better this year than last and the max point odds were 55% last year and 51% this year. Garth ranks it in the top 10 and Eastman's ranks it as a blue chip unit(top unit). I haven't heard anyone rave about the unit, but I hear that it has enough goats in it to find a decent buck. I did talk with a BLM land manager and he was trying to draw it as well. I will shoot you a pm...

Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom