Wyoming 94-1

Scrillznac

My brother and I decided to start a new addiction in our hunting careers by applying for antelope. Well we both drew Unit 94-1 in Wyoming and are pretty pumped. Not looking for spots but more along the lines of what to expect from the unit. We've been over there a couple times and have seen tons of antelope. How is the unit as far as the amount of public land (don't have a map yet) and what size of buck shouldn't we pass up. Would anything over 13-14" be a shooter? Thanks in advance for any info!

lots of public land in that hunt area. Get into the interior away from the highway to Kemmer and you should be able to get a lope in the 14-15 inch class. Maybe better if you hunt hard and have a little luck.

Do your glassing from the ridge tops and if you spot a good one, plan your stalk using the terrain to allow you to get into shooting position. I would have the rifle sighted in for 3 inches high at 100 yards for shots from muzzle to 325 yards without worry about having to judge holdover out to that distance.

I would also try to get there a day or two before season opens and use that time for scouting. If you can watch a good buck bedding down for the night, very good chance you can be there before daylight and catch him getting up and get your shot.

As the season progresses, they will get spooky and you will have to be good at stalking to get within close shooting range.

Good luck on your hunt, they are fun to hunt.

RELH

Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it. Sounds like antelope hunting might be a little addicting after you get your first one on the ground. I can't wait for the hunt it'll be a blast. I'll be sure to give a report after the hunt. Thanks guys!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom