wyoming antelope help

S

stlhdr

Hey ya'll. Im an Oregon boy here along the coast of Oregon and me and my buddy have been pouring over maps, units, draw odds, and everything we can get about wyoming antelope hunting. This would be for the 2010 season and I wanted to come here to see if anyone could offer there two cents. Basically the two of us just would like a decent hunt where we could draw some buck tags and possibly doe tags. We're pretty desperate for help. Getting a little frusterated at finding leads only for them to fall apart or look discouraging.
If anyone could lead us on a straight path and if we could hook up once we are there i'd gladly bring some fresh crab,steelhead, or salmon for you guys!

stlhdr, I am also in Oregon. Have done a lot of research in Wyoming on antelope. Went last year on a great hunt with leftover tags. Will go in 2010 on second choice tags. Have maximum preference points for antelope, am saving thoe for a hunt in unit 60m, but want to go in the meantime.

Our preference is to NOT hunt the opening of the season. More bucks, but too many hunters. After the first week, things are pretty quiet, and still lot's of bucks. Makes for a quality hunt.

Answer these questions, and I will be glad to give you some ideas on units:

1. What time of year do you want to go, Sept, early Oct, late Oct?

2. Are you planning on camping, or staying in a motel? Camping spots are limited in some areas.

3. Any preference on the part of the state you want to hunt?

4. Do you have any preference points?

Feel free to PM me with the info, and I will get back to you with some ideas.

Scoutdog

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-09 AT 05:57AM (MST)[p]Eastern Wyoming is an easy draw with lots of antelope.Check your maps for public land and then the draw stats on the G&F web site and go from there.
I am hunting eastern Wyoming this next fall for antelope and deer.Looking at some Walk In Areas

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-09 AT 10:53AM (MST)[p]Another bit of advice too as I used it when I was planning my first WY Antelope hunt back in 2007. It will take some time but worth every bit of it, then you can ask questions or even better PM the hunters.

READ ALL OF THE THREADS here on this WY Forum, you will find a lot of good info. Same with the Antelope Forum too, weed them out for WY only.

Brian

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom