Wyoming Antelope Help

hntnfool

I have been planning a antelope trip to Wyoming for some time and I have my unit picked out (max points). My twin 13 year old sons want to go and I thought it would be great to get them tags in a nearby unit. I was told 43 might fit the bill. If anyone has any info they would like share, please PM me, I would appreciate it.
Thanks in Advance

Just a thought but could they pick up doe tags in the max unit you plan to hunt. Just my opinion but a lot is about the experience with dad at that age more than the trophy and it would be easier and possibly more enjoyable if you were hunting the same unit with your boys.

I plan on doing that, but they want to hunt bucks if they can. They are going regardless if they draw tags or not.

Never been to 43 so cant help ya there but I would do as mentioned above get some doe tags if available and apply them for same area for a chance at the random buck tags. If you waited this long to get a tag I would want to concentrate all my time in that area JMO!!! Good Luck to you and your boys!!! Whatever you decide will be worth time spent with the youngsters.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-15 AT 12:46PM (MST)[p]In case you haven't looked at the draw stats for unit 43, last year it was a 43.43% success rate in the Regular Draw and easily 100% in the Special Draw with no PPs.These stats are from the WyG&F, not Eastmans, Huntin Fool, or any other such publication!

Have you considered picking a lesser unit and letting your sons surf your points. There are some good units you can draw with 3 points. All three of you could shoot nice bucks and hunt together.

Unfortunately with the tag reductions most of the units we could draw with three points, that have a large amount of public land, would require us to put into the special draw.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom