Wyoming archery moose

Zeke

Long Time Member
I broke an arrow. It's noteworthy because of the high cost of archery tackle! LOL

7189dscn1911.jpg

He came to the call and I shot him at 15 yards!
3423rscn1957.jpg

My brother was along, as always. He's a good hand and a great hunting partner!
3778rscn1938.jpg

The bull only made it 58 yards after the shot.
813dscn1925.jpg

I'm all smiles with skinning, packing and the bulk of the work done. Now, which way is camp?
4879rscn1942.jpg

We had a little downtime during the hunt but there wasn't a minute that we didn't have fun!
2148dscn1857.jpg

It was a grand adventure and one I'll never forget! Wyoming is a great place and every single person we met were so helpful and friendly!

Thanks, Zeke

Thank you for sharing pictures that give the rest of us waiting in the wings hope. plus the knowledce one more person that doesn't have alot of points left.

What's for Dinner?

Sun. Moose
Mon. Moose
Tue. Moose
Wed. Antelope
Thur. Moose
Fri. Moose
Sat. Go out for dinner.:)

A heck of a year Zeke! Congratulations!

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Well done my friend! Great bull! To do it with archery tackle is all the more impressive! I'm glad you and Kurt had a great hunt.

Rob

What a fantastic bull! Love the fronts and to share it with your it with your brother to boot. Congrats on your fall so far, when's the Sunday dinner to share the story in person?

Tallbuck1

Great bull with the bow, congrats on taking him. Nothing like doing it with the bow. Love looking at my Utah bull on the wall. Enjoy the memories and the awesome table fair.

The Cowboy state has treated you well this year my friend. Nobody is more deserving of such fine trophies and great experiences. That's a great bull with any weapon and I am glad you listened to your brother and drew back before he stomped you!

Thanks gentlemen!
The Cowboy State has treated me very well.

I've been rubbing "Miracle Grow" on the antlers in hopes that he'll "net" the magic B&C score but it really mattters little either way. He'll breeze into P&Y where the bull can be honored for what he grew on top of his head.

I took 3 nights to get him all cut and wrapped. I've had him for dinner a couple times not. He's plenty tasty too but it's a good thing that all my kids have started their families and they can help with eating it.

Thanks again,
Zeke

I get back in town from my Mont. sheep hunt and BAM!!

You are rocking out with a dandy Moose and Antelope Buck my friend.

congrats!!

Robb

Thanks again for all the nice comments!
I hope you're all having a great Fall hunting season.
My season is almost done except for a couple whitetail does with my bow and a few ducks and geese.
I'm still waiting to hear back on some of your hunts so please post 'em up for all to enjoy.
Zeke

Wow, the Wyoming draw odds were with you this year.

Great looking bullwinkle and with a stick and string. Very very cool. I quite often think of the Wyoming bull you had hanging in Wolfs what seems like 100 years ago with the softball sized knob on the one side. Man, are we that old :)

Congrats.

"I hate being bi-polar.....Its awesome"

>Wow, the Wyoming draw odds were
>with you this year.
>
>Great looking bullwinkle and with a
>stick and string. Very very
>cool. I quite often think
>of the Wyoming bull you
>had hanging in Wolfs what
>seems like 100 years ago
>with the softball sized knob
>on the one side.
> Man, are we that
>old :)
>
>Congrats.
>
>
>"I hate being bi-polar.....Its awesome"

Yes PW, we are that old.
I feel pretty old some days and others I feel like a kid. I'm just glad I got the moose hunt done while I can still pack meat. The day is coming when..... don't even think it! Ha
Thanks for the nice comments guys!
Zeke

Thanks for the positive comments gents!
I'm a couple weeks away from being able to have him officially scored. I'm still on cloud-9 about the whole adventure regardless of what, in the end, the tape says.
I'll post the official score for P&Y and B&C when available.
Zeke

Just saw your post. Congrats on a great bull with your bow Zeke! Nothing like shooting one of those crazy eyed Shiras Bulls with a stick and string in Wyoming.. Again, congratulations.

Thanks again my friends for the nice words!

It's official: 146 2/8' gross and 141 6/8' net, placing my bull well into P&Y record book and B&C awards. I'm pretty tickled about it.

Thanks for sharing in my adventure.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom