Wyoming archery

G

GAHUNTER4

I was trying to find out if I can archery hunt 101 for deer if I get a archery permit and what are the dates if I can and I do have a 101 tag

Yes you can hunt the special archery season with a archery permit. season runs Sept 1- Sept 30th for area 101. you can also hunt with archery equipment during the rifle season without an archery permit but you still must follow the hunter orange rule that rifle hunters do.

here is some other info from game and fish website

ARCHERY HUNTING

No person shall hunt big or trophy game with bow and arrow or crossbow during a special archery hunting season without first obtaining an archery license and the appropriate hunting license. Archers must abide by the regulations established for the special archery season and the regular hunting season. Archery equipment and legal firearms as deemed by law may be used to hunt game during all hunting seasons except where Wyoming Game and Fish Commission regulations specify otherwise. As of 2007, it is lawful for an archer to have a firearm in possession while hunting during special archery seasons and in archery only areas. No special archery license is required for hunting game birds or small game with archery equipment; however, archers must first obtain the proper hunting license for the species to be hunted.

Archery equipment that is legal for the taking of big or trophy game animals.

? For the taking of antelope, big horn sheep, black bear, deer, mountain goat, mountain lion, or gray wolf where designated as a trophy game animal, a hunter shall use a longbow, recurve bow or compound bow of not less than forty (40) pounds draw weight and an arrow equipped with a broadhead or expanding point designed to have a minimum cutting width of one (1) inch after impact.

? For the taking of elk, grizzly bear or moose, a hunter shall use a longbow, recurve bow or compound bow of not less than fifty (50) pounds draw weight and an arrow equipped with a broadhead or expanding point designed to have a minimum cutting width of one (1) inch after impact.

? For the taking of any big or trophy game animal with a crossbow, a hunter shall use a crossbow having a peak draw weight of at least ninety (90) pounds and a bolt of at least sixteen (16) inches in length equipped with a broadhead or expanding point designed to have a minimum cutting width of one (1) inch after impact.

? For the taking of game birds, any archery equipment may be used.

CHECK STATIONS

GAHUNTER4
I was in 101 the other week looking for elk (124-1 tag) and got a few photos of some bucks out there. They are under Founders deer scouting post in the deer forum.
Good luck on the hunt!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom