Wyoming Bighorn Sheep Guided or Diy

If you have hunted Bighorn Sheep in Wyoming as a Resident did you hire an Outfitter?

• Total voters

JakeSwensen

Please share your Wyoming Bighorn Sheep Photos if you have been lucky enough to draw a tag. Resident or Nonresident, this is a dream hunt for a lot of hunters.

My hunt wasn't guided but I got a lot of help from a guy that posts on this board. I appreciated all the effort he went through to show me around the unit I hunted, share his knowledge of sheep, use of his awesome horses and mule, etc. It's pretty humbling to receive that kind of help.

I saw a lot sheep, a lot of rams, and got to spend 26 days banging around some of WY's best country. I made the most out of the once in a lifetime opportunity. I have no regrets and very happy with the ram I took. Beautiful day, great stalk to 100 yards, long day, 9 year old ram with a great cape, just perfect when it finally all came together.

IMG_3277%20_2_.jpg

Story is a few post down called Ram down!!!.

Scouted from first weekend in June up to opening day. Skipped one weekend and took and maybe Skipped a Sunday or 2. Self guided but a ton of advice and info from a freind that owns a outfitting buisness. Best part was my Dad was with me on every single trip
20210901_075619.jpg

20210901_075944.jpg

Horses had a long summer of several miles.
20210902_065241.jpg

What about a blend. I imagine if I ever get a tag that I would want to hunt myself as much as possible, but depending on the area I would likely pay to have a guide drop a camp, haul water, and be on speed dial for pack out…

I don’t know that I would have a guide to hunt but for logistic support…

What about a blend. I imagine if I ever get a tag that I would want to hunt myself as much as possible, but depending on the area I would likely pay to have a guide drop a camp, haul water, and be on speed dial for pack out…

I don’t know that I would have a guide to hunt but for logistic support…
Sounds like a great way to go. Even help move camp if needed. Are guides willing to do that, or do they just want the high dollar clients?

Sounds like a great way to go. Even help move camp if needed. Are guides willing to do that, or do they just want the high dollar clients?
I would assume that money is money. I know several guides that run paying hunters but also offer drop camps etc. Also many offer pack out services if needed as well. I would assume that most areas you can find someone that would offer such support.

You will have a tough, tough time finding an outfitter willing to do a drop camp for sheep.
I would assume that money is money. I know several guides that run paying hunters but also offer drop camps etc. Also many offer pack out services if needed as well. I would assume that most areas you can find someone that would offer such support.
If you do find one willing, you can bet you won't be dropped in a very good spot. For the good areas you need to pay full boat.

You will have a tough, tough time finding an outfitter willing to do a drop camp for sheep.

If you do find one willing, you can bet you won't be dropped in a very good spot. For the good areas you need to pay full boat.
That’s what I was thinking.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom