Wyoming buck - want your opinions asap!!

S

stephanie

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-11 AT 10:51AM (MST)[p]Hi all,

My friend has emailed me some live pictures from his current hunt. He found a nice buck and wants to know what you guys think of it. What do you think it will score?

Thanks!

Stephanie

283side.jpg

6019rack.jpg

Why ask us? Hell if it makes him/her happy shoot it. Who are they trying to impress? People need to stop worrying about what someone else thinks and do what makes them happy. I think its a dang good deer. I would drop him no questions asked.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

It all depends on the area and what he is looking for. That is a nice buck at times I would drop him in a minute depending on the area and whether I was archery or rifle hunting. It also for me depends on how many big deer he's killed. I agree with Muzz if it makes him happy shoot if not keep hunting, really a win win situation.

Don't worry so much about the score my favorite muley mount scores 178 not a monster by any means. Really difficult with limited pictures and angles but with his back forks I think he'll break 170.

Here is my opinion. If your friend has already looked at this buck and didn't get excited enough to pull the trigger. Either let the buck grow another year or let some other hunter who may appreciate the buck more than your friend stumble on the buck and shoot without any hesitation becuase it is a trophy in their eyes!

Hey all, this is the guy that took the pics. I drew a SW WY tag with only 50 hunters. I'm waiting for a 180 plus and have 11 days to hunt still. He's the best I've passed up yet, but its only day 5. He's an awesome buck, better than anything I've shot, but there are some absolute pigs out here. If he had any more width, I'd be elbows deep right now. I scouted some this summer, and passed one up a couple days ago, that are easily 30".

Still would like to get ppls opinions on what he'll score to see how close I am to what ppl with more experience judge him at.

TIA

If I have think about weather or not to shoot a buck, I will always pass.

I like the deer that you take one look at and your heart takes off and your mind is screaming, "SHOOTER, don't screw this up"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-19-11 AT 11:58AM (MST)[p]If you are looking for score, I would guess that he is 160ish, 170ish max. He has excellent back forks, but the mainbeams and the g-4 are weaker. You will get the most points out of your front end (long mainbeams = big spread credit) The back end and the trash on that buck really add alot of nice character though. If he's holed-up and the weather doesn't look to change much, I would say try to find a 180 plus if that's what you're wanting, if you don't have any luck, come back for this guy.

+1,

I'll say 170" max and more like low to mid 160's
But hell, what do I know?

Good luck Mr. wyohuntinfool on your hunt. Keep us posted.

Zeke

Deep backs and crabby fronts from what can tell. Don't look much wider than his ears so somewhere around 24 wide or so.

Honestly i would not put him over 160 but i could be way off. Good buck though.

I have not broken down what each tine would get you but at a glance I would say he is closer to 180 than he is 170. Where I am hunting hes a trophy to anyone! Good luck.

so now we got to get them scored & approved on mm before we can shoot them?

[font color = red size = red size = 10 face ="face"]TAKE NOTE:MY SIGNATURE WON'T PLEASE EVERYBODY SO DON'T EVEN READ BELOW IF YOU'RE EASILY OFFENDED BY EVERYDAY BS ON MM[/font]

maybe you should get an official b&c scorer(such as D13er)to officially score the buck on the hoof,and if it don't end up scoring quite as much as he scored it maybe you could throw a lawsuit against the scorer?

[font color = red size = red size = 10 face ="face"]TAKE NOTE:MY SIGNATURE WON'T PLEASE EVERYBODY SO DON'T EVEN READ BELOW IF YOU'RE EASILY OFFENDED BY EVERYDAY BS ON MM[/font]

I put that buck near or above 170" and he has some "cool" factor with the extras BUT, with as much time left as you say AND you are willing to possibly go home with a lesser buck or even empty, certainly wait and see what else may be in the area.

I've taken my share of bucks like this guy but what i've really wanted to do is to get up in the next level or two. With such a great LE tag and seeing plenty of game, rare opportunity, hold off, you'll know him when you see him and make sure you take care of business before getting too excited! Good luck!!

Joey

huntinfool-

Good deer, but hold off, you are going to get some snow early next week and things should only get better, as other hunters depart and the bucks start to move more.

imho

I'm a little late in posting, but here is a picture of the deer I ended up killing this year.

4767deer.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-11 AT 05:47PM (MST)[p]>great buck! no bigger then 180
> i guess 175

The person camped next to me taped him at 162 that night, and I re-taped him at just over 166 before droppin' him off at the taxidermist. The other guy was a couple inches short on the mains and didn't count the eye guards. I wasn't too nitpicky and will tape him more with more scrutiny once I get him back, but it's close anyway. I guessed him at 165-170 before I shot him so I knew he wouldn't make the 180 mark I set out for, but he's my best buck so far. I had 3 days left in the season, the best buck I'd seen during the season, and I'm happy.

There's another pic of him on wyomingtrucks.com under the "Monster Bucks" link.

He is a fine Buck, You hunted hard and had a good time and came away with a fine deer and you are happy with the buck you shot,Can't ask for more then that.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11 AT 10:54AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11 AT 10:52?AM (MST)

Not a "one post wonder"..just been out of the country for the past month for work.

I just posted a pic of my first elk under the elk forum if you want to take a look!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom