Wyoming buck

wytex

Very Active Member
Took this nice buck Sunday morning, private land.
Didn't even score it, no need for an argument.
29 1/2 inches outside spread, 18 1/ inside.
Teeth are going to the WG&F lab for aging, no cwd test.
DSCN2267 copy.jpg

Congrats on a great buck!

Not sure why everyone has to set their gun so far back to make the animal look bigger ?
Set the rifle down to move the buck, no need to make it look bigger. Actually forgot it was in the pic till we looked them over.
I have pics of me right behind the belly that look like I'm feet away, not going to post those- peanut gallery can't keep from commenting.

Set the rifle down to move the buck, no need to make it look bigger. Actually forgot it was in the pic till we looked them over.
I have pics of me right behind the belly that look like I'm feet away, not going to post those- peanut gallery can't keep from commenting.
It was a joke because we always see the guy sitting way way back in a pic. That’s why there is a wink at the end of comment, to show I wasn’t being serious.

Last edited:
I always feel a little giggle in me when someone posts pictures of the gun in front of the animal, up on the bipod. Usually a semicustom piece with a nice scope. I analyze a little sometimes.

It was a joke because we always see the guy sitting way way back in a pic. That’s why there is a wink at the end of comment, to show I wasn’t being serious.
My bad, I don't read sarcasm very well evidently.

Thanks all, lots of luck involved as always.
Never saw him before season, didn't know just what he was when I shot, just looked mature.

Bad photoshop fix for you all.
DSCN2267 copy 2.jpg

Never saw him before season, didn't know just what he was when I shot, just looked mature.

View attachment 123194
There needs to be a sarcasm font lol.

Again, great buck. I hope you find one like that in a few weeks.

View attachment 123194
Sweet ghost rifle in the background. Guys will be asking for that pattern soon.

Nice buck for sure. Congrats.

Nice buck for sure… it sure is fun sometimes when you are not sure the size of the animal ahead of time and then when you walk up and find a surprise.

Last edited:
Very nice buck, I know your reasonings for not wanting to post other pictures, but I for one love to see them held up so you can see all angles and the points out of the grass. Either way very sweet. Congrats.

Took this nice buck Sunday morning, private land.
Didn't even score it, no need for an argument.
29 1/2 inches outside spread, 18 1/ inside.
Teeth are going to the WG&F lab for aging, no cwd test.
View attachment 123172
Looks like you already started scoring him.. by giving inches?
You know damn well you taped him.. what’s he gross?

Very Nice Miss wytex.

I just got home from a week in Wyo chasing elk.

Beautiful week for sure.

Congrats

Robb

Looks like you already started scoring him.. by giving inches?
You know damn well you taped him.. what’s he gross?
Sorry Carnac, no score at all, just spread measurement.
Not going to score much at all, just a cool looking buck. Good mass, good front on one side but no backs forks to speak of.
Never taped him out and yes I am pretty accurate on scoring, was offered the chance to become an official scorer for B&C by taking a class but declined. Typicals are easy to score, non-typs are something else.
Jaw looks to be a 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 yr old buck but teeth went in for aging.

Sorry Carnac, no score at all, just spread measurement.
Not going to score much at all, just a cool looking buck. Good mass, good front on one side but no backs forks to speak of.
Never taped him out and yes I am pretty accurate on scoring, was offered the chance to become an official scorer for B&C by taking a class but declined. Typicals are easy to score, non-typs are something else.
Jaw looks to be a 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 yr old buck but teeth went in for aging.
Some TROPHIES may not score well for the book. But that one scores great on character, size, and over all looks great.

Looking forward to this last week in Oct.
Spouse has a tag for the area and gets to hunt the ranch as well.
Pre rut should be full on, bucks staging with doe groups.
This guy was already starting to get the big neck and dark hocks.

I have a WT license as well, they seem to have moved down the creek though. That goes through Nov. so maybe a chance during the rut.

Thanks folks, like I said just dumb luck on my part. He's a cool buck, I agree and I am very happy with him.
Spouse laughed when we walked up on him, said "I thought he looked like one you would like but didn't see the extras on his left side before you shot".

Skull is in the pot as I write this, deer is getting processed today too.

So maybe I will score him, lol.
About 170" is my guess.

He scores well enough for me! I didn't see anything like that last week in WY.

Congrats on a dandy!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom