Wyoming Deer Unit 98

AZMZHunter

I was thinking about putting in for Region E and hunting the muzzleloader hunt in unit 98. Some years the hunt success is good other years it is poor. Does anybody have any experience hunting this unit? Is there enough public land to hunt in that unit? Any help would be great.

Good Question. I would like to know anyones experience also. PM me if you wish after you help out AzHunter. Thanks

There are not very many deer in that area. What deer there are would be relatively hard to kill with a muzzleloader. The area is half private and 99% open country, meaning no trees whatsoever.

And drilling rigs all over the place.
Brian

345brfc.jpg

Not much drilling going out there these days kilo. I work out in that area from time to time. Like has been said not many deer out there. I've seen a few, a couple of those being decent bucks. I know of one guy from rawlins who kills good bucks consistantly with his muzzleloader out there. If I were to hunt it I would hunt around chain lakes off of riner road.

Chester brings up a good point. The area is a good example of one that requires a little homework/scouting. Since much of the area is devoid of deer, it takes a lot of looking around to find the pockets of deer that are there.

98 can be a tough unit. To be really honest, I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to a non-resident unless you've hunted it a couple or several times before. The previous posts are pretty much true - very few deer, LOTS of private land, lots of open country.

Another little gem: Most all of the biggest deer in the unit will manage to find their way into town by the time the season opens. On the positive side, if you get sick of glassing sagebrush, needlegrass, and rocks, you can drive through the cemetary and take pictures of some nice bucks...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom